web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
I have an application with an LIPU behind a Sonicwall Firewall/Router. I have a public IP address on the LIPU and we had the IT manager open the below listed ports(which he has said is done.) The LIPU says "Registering IPT" for a while and then says IPU Not Found. I can ping the IP address from our office and the firewall shows icmp packets being lost. Does anyone know the settings on the Sonicwall to get this to work? Sonicwall tech support has been no help and customer is being difficult. Thank you!!

LIPU

Function
Protocol Name
Ports
Type

Connection Request
StrataNet (QSIG)
TCP

Call Control Channel
StrataNet (QSIG)
6400-8191
TCP

Registering IPT
RAS (H.225)
1718, 1719
UDP

IPT
RTP/RTCP
1500-1503
UDP

IPT
RAS/MEGACO
1-65534 + 1
UDP Note 1

Call Control Channel
MEGACO+
TCP

Media Channel for TDM
RTP/RTCP
16384-16511
UDP

Medial Channel for NAT
RTP
20480-20991
UDP

Medial Channel for IP QSIG
RTP/RTCP
20992-24575
UDP

Have a great day!
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Former Moderator-Toshiba, Request an Installer
Have you tried it outside the sonicwall?

Now available Voicemail Programmer Kit to program your Toshiba Voice Mail across your network.

Toshiba Technical Support at: One Ring Telecom
OP Offline
Yes, it works outside the firewall and internally on a private IP address. It is definitely something in the firewall- I am just hoping someone can point me to the correct setting smile

Have a great day!
Toshiba has said over and over that the LIPU will NOT work behink a firewall.

I know all the arguements about DMZ's and such, but I still put in a small switch ahead of the firewall for the LIPU.

Now available Voicemail Programmer Kit to program your Toshiba Voice Mail across your network.

Toshiba Technical Support at: One Ring Telecom
OP Offline
Then why do they publish which ports to open on the firewall? I am missing something. Can you explain what that is concerning? It may be for something completely different. We also have it working behind our firewall here on a watchguard and adtran firewall. Unfortunately I have no experience on the SonicWall. Any other suggestions or am I on my own? I really do appreciate the help!!

Have a great day!
We have IP phones working on a LIPU that is behind a Sonic Wall at our office. We got a cheat sheet to configure the Sonic Wall for the LIPU, don't remember where we got it from, I do remember it took a long time to get set up. If I can find it I will let you know. Plugging into the cable modem/switch was the easiest route to connect just as voyager mentioned.

Cool VoIP bus

Try telneting to each of LIPU's ports from the outside and see whether your IT people has done the bypass properly.

C:> telnet 9.9.9.9 9999 - port number

The reason they publish which ports to open is for an IP phone to work off site behind a firewall with an LIPU. You can't just plug an IP phone in behind a firewall and have it work.

The only way to go with this is put it outside the firewall, just behind the 1st router/modem with that device not doing ANY nat/firewall/etc, using JUST public IPs. We fought the same thing forever and that's the only way I could get it to work.

Placing the device outside a firewall is too risky and invites hackers to try and hack your system.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,693
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,097 Shoretel
187,703 CTX100 install
186,792 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
Who's Online Now
1 members (Curlycord), 86 guests, and 248 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024