web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
pmc Offline OP
OP Offline
We just moved into a new office and have just over 200 extensions now. When I went to add the new extensions to the all call page group I hit a limit - it said I hit the maximum number of extensions for the page group.

How can I deal with paging to all phones?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Probably need 2 zones.

I was trying to program a Stratagy VM to play a message out to 2 different paging zones, so that you could call the VM, leave your page, and let it do all the work. Almost got it except the message didn't delete correcly, and I stopped tryig (I was on an install at the time).

What about throwing in some overhead paging in the open areas and sticking with the phone page in the offices?
Peace,
Dave

[Linked Image from ohiotele.com]
Dayton - Columbus - Cincinnati, Ohio
pmc Offline OP
OP Offline
Both are possible options. Thank you!

Let me make sure I understand correctly though: approximately 150 extensions is the limit for the number of extensions in a page group. There is no quick / easy solution to that. Correct?

I thought there may possibly be some way to trick the system and page 2 groups simultaneously. I take it there's no way to do that on the phone system? Hence the concept of having VM do it...

If I go with a PA system for the open areas and the phones for the , won't I have the same problem? I've not used the PA capabilities with the Toshiba phone system before so I don't know if it is its own entity or if it can be a part of a larger paging group.

There's no way that I've heard to page 2 zones at once. That's why I said that maybe the voicemail could do it for you (and eliminate feedback).

PA system would work well. The limit is on your paging system, not in the Toshiba. You can page to all the phones and the PA system at the same time, with as many speakers as you amp can handle.

The Toshiba does not provided a powered paging output. You need a system to power the overhead speakers.

Assuming you have a CTX or CIX, just add the external page port to the same zone as the phones.

Shawn
Absolute Communications, Inc.

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,293
Posts638,829
Members49,768
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,586 Shoretel
189,466 CTX100 install
187,619 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dexman 6
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 141 guests, and 228 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024