Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#190413 08/03/07 10:04 AM
OP Offline
Toshiba might be scaling down their telco division to virtual nonexistence.

Though it is a great product, the company has had consistently low sales and very well may phase the division out, leaving only minimalist tech support for existing systems.

"It is what it is." R.R.
CTP, TCTS, StrataCIX
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#190414 08/03/07 12:58 PM
Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
Where did you get this information from?

#190415 08/03/07 02:53 PM
Toshiba just announced buying out Oaysis ACD and Netphone at the dealer meeting, changing to a new style of phones, software and IP card in the next quarter, a new larger CIX 1200 and a new system to be released in the next few years that is under development now and you are talking about them cutting back. I believe you are badly misinformed.

#190416 08/06/07 02:04 AM
Originally posted by breed:
Toshiba just announced buying out Oaysis ACD and Netphone at the dealer meeting, changing to a new style of phones, software and IP card in the next quarter, a new larger CIX 1200 and a new system to be released in the next few years that is under development now and you are talking about them cutting back. I believe you are badly misinformed.
Exactly. Top 3 in market share in it's size range with one of the best systems out there. Yeah, they're closing up shop!

Pat Austin
Teleco Inc.
Product Manager/Sales Engineer
Adtran ATSP
TCTE/CTP Certified

Teleco Homepage
#190417 08/06/07 03:35 AM
Id need to see some backing evidence before I took this seriously.

#190418 08/07/07 06:05 AM
OP Offline
Hi guys.

I dont think the source of this information is really important because its only my opinion, but I hear things that give cause for concern in my book, not that my book matters much.

Toshiba sales have been consistently low for many months. they are going to begin charging dealers for in class training at the Irvine site and for satellite training; 2 of the three products that were to be released in august have been scrapped, deemed as cost ineffective; and the position of the japanese is that their telco division has become a wasted drain on financial resources, where development does not lead to any kind of increased sales.

As for their purchase of Oaysis and the other companies, has it not occured to anyone that perhaps the reasons that these companies were being sold off is that they werent doing very well when they were sold?

I admit that Toshiba has been throwing out some last ditch efforts to patch up the sinking ship, but they are not being met with positive results.

I'm not a Toshiba hater or anything guys, on the contrary I like their products and have a good bit of time and energy vested in that company.

I'm sure most of you work for or run companies that offer a relatively diverse range of products anyway, but just keep this in mind, thats all Im saying. Dont trust that a company has your best interests at heart, because they dont and they never will. Sales people will sell that image, but thats exactly what it is, its an image they sell.

Companies are self serving and the japanese are not stupid, if they feel that a division of their company is failing, they will not hesitate to dissolve it in their own face saving japanese ways.

Do with it what you will.

"It is what it is." R.R.
CTP, TCTS, StrataCIX
#190419 08/07/07 06:28 AM
Quick Quick everyone. Get a CCIE on staff since it seems the only system that is not in financial chaos is Cisco...

Toshiba telecommunications division has been around for a very long time.. I don't think any of the dealers have anything to worry about.

#190420 08/07/07 09:02 AM
Well I went to toshiba scjool in Irvine for the DK 424 product line and it was a great school and at the time I think it was free for the training but. That should not matter in my opinion because every school I have went to since then has costed something or another for the school and training. This is the 20th centry and nothing in this world is free any more if it was everyone would want a piece of it. I would not believe that Toshiba is closing the doors the product is toooooooo solid and even the old systems that are out there are as solid as Toshiba in my book.

#190421 08/08/07 07:08 AM
I am positive that charging for training has nothing to do with the state of Toshiba. In fact.. anything free has absolutly no value. In fact... Toshiba is conducting regional technical training... bringing the Training to it's Authorized Dealers. In fact the enrollment for Technical Training has never been higher.

In fact J2telnoob has no idea of what he/she is talking about. In fact stuff like this should be ignored!

#190422 08/08/07 07:14 AM
I have never heard anything like that I also agree that something for nothing is useless information. I remember when the traing I went to in 2004 was free all you had to cover was lodging and meals. I am glad to see that TOshiba is still a strong standing product and I feel that they will be around for a very long time.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,769
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,454 Shoretel
188,306 CTX100 install
187,085 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 7
dexman 4
jc2it 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
3 members (newtecky, Carl Navarro, James D.), 121 guests, and 269 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024