Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
#190423 08/08/07 07:53 AM
J2telnoob -

I would have to disagree that the source of your information isn't important! What you heard and who you heard it from could be the result of a disgruntled employee or someone wanting to cause trouble.

As for new products that were scrapped - please list what they are as I, as a dealer, haven't seen any notification of anything that has been scrapped! The release of a few items have been pushed back, but that isn't anything new.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#190424 08/08/07 01:42 PM
OP Offline
In fact.. anything free has absolutly no value.
Yeah, tell that to the millions of people worldwide happily using linux.

Sounds like telguru is a Toshiba spy hahahaha, and there's an 'e' in 'absolutely' smart guy.

In fact...awfully riled up for a first post methinks.

I'm not arguing the point that Toshiba offers regional training and their enrollment may be high, but lets see how that changes when a two thousand dollar fee gets tacked onto the tail of that puppy. The dealers I work with have a hard enough time pulling guys out of the field for a week for training, much less shelling out two grand for it, but who knows, maybe the dealers I work for are just crap.

Anyway like I said, these things mentioned are just my opinion. I was under the impression that the function of 'forums' was to provide a 'forum' for discussion.

I'm sure Toshiba will be fine! Never been better...

We'll see if thats still true after the layoffs in October.

I know, it's my fault for coming on too strong but still... lighten up folks.

"It is what it is." R.R.
CTP, TCTS, StrataCIX
#190425 08/09/07 09:35 AM
Its definitly a harsh "Dooms day" theory....

But the truth is Cisco has all the big pbx guys on there heels, Avaya, nortel, etc..

we all know its an overpriced low on feature product.. but they have everybodys ear especially the IT staff at larger companys...

it going to take some adjusting but toshiba will be fine

its not a phone system anymore its a switch or gateway .... get it?

its all about the new buz words ...

one your going to hear alot is "Redundancy"

PBX Battery backup systems

www.telcom1.net
#190426 08/09/07 09:53 AM
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Excellent insight, Bill. That really does pretty much sum the whole thing up.

Nice battery backup units, by the way. I relied upon mine twice yesterday and once today. I like 'em.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
#190427 08/09/07 10:38 AM
You are right about a "forum" but honestly your first post should be " I heard Toshiba was in Trouble" post. Maybe a "HI" from California would have been better. Or better yet, a question asking anyone else if they heard the same thing you did about Toshiba's troubles.... Forums are for opinions but to be honest there are techs on here that love their products and will defend against any persuasive talk of problems with a manufacturer. Welcome to the board though... hahahahahaahahah!!!!

#190428 08/10/07 01:22 PM
OP Offline
Yeah, I realized that I had come on too strong but at that point it was too late and there was no turning back hehehe.

I had heard some things I found very disturbing and being a new tech, and particularly one that likes Toshiba, I got a little excited I admit. Sometimes I forget that people are actually going to read what Ive written. laugh

As for Amy's question about products that have been scrapped, or pushed back; if I remeber correctly one was the GIPH that was to provide SIP trunking and the other was an IP board expanded from an 8 to a 16 port capacity, dont remember which though. What I had heard was that they were scrapped for good, but who knows.

They are so completely overstocked with product, and their sales are so low, (again sales for the month of July were in the 80 percentile range, yielding more than 6 million in losses over the last 5 months) that the fear is that by the time they sell off their stock, the products developed will be outdated and will generate no mentionable sales versus the cost of release.

"It is what it is." R.R.
CTP, TCTS, StrataCIX
#190429 08/13/07 01:53 AM
As for Amy's question about products that have been scrapped, or pushed back; if I remeber correctly one was the GIPH that was to provide SIP trunking and the other was an IP board expanded from an 8 to a 16 port capacity, dont remember which though. What I had heard was that they were scrapped for good, but who knows.

[/QB]
I can tell you this. Neither of those products mentioned above have been scrapped. Trust me.

Pat Austin
Teleco Inc.
Product Manager/Sales Engineer
Adtran ATSP
TCTE/CTP Certified

Teleco Homepage
#190430 08/13/07 02:15 AM
$2500 for dealer training is not bad at all. Most dealers love the Toshiba product and will do anything to make sure it stays on top.

#190431 08/13/07 04:34 AM
Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
Let's not forget that you can do on-line training and certification.

#190432 08/13/07 11:02 AM
You know I really don't see why anyone is now, or will be in the future, listening to you. You admit that your a NEW technician, and that you have heard from reliable sources that you aren't comfortable to share, and you sounds so much like someone who is pissed off or irritated with either your company or Toshiba directly. If your not a new technician, but a new technician to Toshiba, I sure would like to know where you base your years of experience.
I don't know about others but buddy, you just as much came out blasting Toshiba negatively and I for one see nothing that you have said or that they have done to deserve this deformation of character.
If you have basis for the accusations or proof of Toshiba about to do what you say then maybe some people will pay attention to your babbling, empty, hot air.
Until then please let's try to keep it to facts or opinions.

ES&D

Here....back to you Ed!

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,396 Shoretel
189,120 CTX100 install
187,421 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 100 guests, and 438 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024