web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
We have just recently gotten 2 Toshiba cordless phones (DKT2304-CB). Both phones are connected the same & are having the same problems. The phone is connected in line with an existing desktop phone with the line going into the cordless base & then into the desktop. The buttons on the top of the base station do not work to switch it from Desk to Cordless. However, the phones appear to function normally otherwise. And one other thing is that on any pages, especially all page, it will ring & ring without stopping, so we cannot hear the page on the desk phone. If someone intercoms to this extension, it will both beep on the desktop & ring non-stop on the cordless so all the other person hears is the cordless ringing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Trying to learn the Toshiba systems . . .
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

If you are sharing the extension with the base, switching is automatic. When you pick up the cordless, the DKT phone will say "Cordless Mode" on the display.

I have pressed the button several times in the past and it has never done anything. I think it may have been put there by Toshiba engineers as some kind of joke, but more then likely it is for backwards compatibility.

Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
On the old CT's you could manually press the buttons and switch it.

They no longer do anything.

The paging can be turned off to that phone via programming, but that is normal for the CT to ring when paged... just have your vendor program it correctly.

You can also turn the ringer all the way down on the CT.

Hope that helps.

- Tony
Ohio Data LLC
Phone systems, data networks, firewalls and servers in Central Ohio.
Some people aren't used to an environment where excellence is expected.
OP Offline
Thanks, I thought there was something wrong wit these phones, but found it strange that the same thing was happening on both.

So, I guess my next question is... How can I make it best usable? I need, if possible, the extensions to still hear all pages on the desk phone, but without the cordless ringing non-stop. Is there any programming to do this? It does the same with a phone page. Any suggestions?

Trying to learn the Toshiba systems . . .
I believe there is a strap inside that you can cut to make the buttons functional...

PBX Battery backup systems

www.telcom1.net

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,294
Posts638,834
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,631 Shoretel
189,519 CTX100 install
187,776 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 24
teleco 9
dans 5
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (justbill), 110 guests, and 344 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024