web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
I have Toshiba 16e phone system and would like to add an external ringer. I read on a post here that an expansion cabinet and expanision card was neded. I purchsed the card and the ringer (already had expansion cabinet) and now someone told me I also might need a tone card model K4RCU. s is possible.
Thanks
Jerry
[email protected]

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

If you are looking to add a external bell style ringer to your DK16e you would need an analog circuit. You could put a KSTU in the MAIN cabinet or an RSTU in the Expansion. You will not need a receiver card (K4RCU) as it is only used for touch tone dialing.

However, you could also assign ringing to the built in page port. You would then get ringing over your paging system. The system would need to be in night mode for this.

Lastly you could hook up a PI-DKT devise to an open DKT port, and again hook it up to your paging system. You would assign ringing as you would a normal phone.

OP Offline
I already have the KSTU card and external ringer. So I will give this a try. The other alternatives are a little out of my league.

Thanks for your help!!
Jerry

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,694
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,704 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (JBean3329), 114 guests, and 240 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024