Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Hello,

Here's some background on this:
I have a customer that ordered 5 POTS lines that ring to 5 different DN’s. If any call goes unanswered on any of these 5 lines, they want the call to ring the 5 DN’s (created an MCG). If no one from these 5 stations answer, the call rings to the operator. I got this working for them.

However, if a call comes in on the main line and the operator transfers the call to one of these 5 DN's, and they don't answer, the call will bounce back to the 990 greeting (comes on when they put the system in night service).

Here's the issue:
I created an SCF table and assigned it to all 5 extensions. For no answer calls, I set the ring transfer to the VM Pilot. I also set intercom calls to the VM pilot. This all works. But how do I get this to work on busy, no answer statuses and/or DND statuses? I can only activate one status at a time. But I need transferred calls and intercom calls to still hit the individuals' VM box.

So basically if the station is Busy, No Answer, Busy No Answer or in DND, I need the same thing to happen. Phones in this group are going to constantly be in different statuses. There's gotta be a better way to go about this. Any ideas?

:bang:

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

OP Offline
After looking in a different CTX manual, it looks like I need a combination of station call forwarding and system call forwarding. Would the following be correct?

Have all 5 DN's:

CF-NA to 750 (MCG I created)
CF-B to 750
CF-BNA to 750

Can I do all 3 at the same time? Can I do this remotely or does each user have to do it individually?

Also, in the SCF table under DND call type, set it as active? Set CO Loop or GRD to 750, ring transfer to 500, and internal to 500? 500 is the VM Pilot DN. Would this all make it work? Are there any other parameters I need to change?

I hope I'm on the right track here...

CF-BNA should take care of NA, B and DND status.

I would look at using PhDN's and get rid of the MCG's. You can delay ring the PhDN's as needed and set the PhDN fwding manually. That would help to keep the PDN and the PhDN seperate with respect to fwding to vmail.
You can fwd the Phdn seperate from the PDN, but you can not fwd one of them in multiple scenario's. Also, if you look at your SCF table you can check the 'ALL' box with respect to FWD TYPE (CF-B,CF-NA, CF-BNA), STATUS (DND, etc...) and CALL TYPE (DID, Internal, etc...) this covers all possible scenario's based on how you set it up.

I'm not a big fan of PhDNs and use MCGs whenever I can. If you put the voicemail pilot into the Delay2 (instead of using SCF), then you can customize the number of rings before it goes to voicemail. I would rather have a table that shows all the extensions ringing then go to each key assignment to see if that phone is supposed to ring or not.

The way a lot of people do it with PhDN is to put a phantom on the operator phone and set the CF to the voicemail. If the other DNs have line apearances then you can set them to ring or not on incoming calls. With a MCG, only the DNs in the table will ring. The only thing that bothers some people is that the intercom light blinks green instead of the line light. For those people I switch to using a PHDN.

You can only have one CF active at one tie for a SCF template. Even if you copy the settings to all the scenarios, only one is active. BNA will cover everything.

If the calls from the individual DNs are going to the main greeting and not the indivdual voicemails, then there is something wrong with the setup or integration with the voicemail.

1) Is the voicemail properly setup with integration type. The Voicmail extension are set to voicemail, etc.

2) the individual extensions have the VMID and voicemail pilot entered.

3) the VM boxes are created.

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,297
Posts638,867
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,675 Shoretel
189,666 CTX100 install
187,872 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dans 6
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 86 guests, and 354 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024