Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
AndyK Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi all,

Recently I had one of my business locations convert their telephone lines from Centrex lines to regular POTS lines. Now that the conversion has taken place, this location is unable to dial out. I have contacted the phone company and they say it is a configuration issue with the phone system. They mentioned that if the system is using a "bottom up hunt" nobody will be able to dial out. Calls are being received though however. I've looked at my information from the phone company and their hunting positions go from the first number down,(position 1-4) I looked in the phone system programming and noticed it went from the bottom up. (position 4-1) under prg 300. Should these be changed to match the 1-4 that the phone company has? What else should I check in this situation?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Andy

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

This is a common problem when switching from centrex to POTS line. Centrex requires a 9,8,7 to be dialed 1st then the number POTS line do not require anything before the number. We commonly add the 9,8,7, or whatever the code to the LCR under route defin what to dial before the number should be blank, also under system data tab the 911 should be changed to just 911 instead of 9911, 8911, 7911.

AndyK Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks Stew. I was able to get them going for now by not dialing 9, however I need some clarification on what you're saying regarding adding the 9. I got the system data 911 thing. That was already just 911.

I don't know however, where you're seeing "what to dial before the number" and where exactly I can specify to add the 9. I can get to LCR/DR, route define, but then I've got programs 524,525,and 526. What do I use?

526 find the table the has the 9 then delete and submit

AndyK Offline OP
OP Offline
Great. Thanks very much for your help.

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,290
Posts638,802
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,374 Shoretel
189,059 CTX100 install
187,410 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 22
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 137 guests, and 394 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024