Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
DT98 Offline OP
OP Offline
Hello all,
I'm looking for thoughts, experiences, etc...from anyone who has used a DECT phone as a stand alone unit or as a SLT type unit behind a Partner system.
There are a lot of DECT units out there and quite a few I've googled are rather inexpensive.
Has anyone got any real world experience from using one of these at home or installed one or more in an installation?
I'm looking for range (which I know is environment dependant...) so...there's no right or wrong answer here, I'm just looking for people's experience.
Thanks again,
DT98

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

What is a DECT phone?

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
Originally posted by hbiss:
What is a DECT phone?

-Hal
Check this out

Avaya SMB Authorized Business Partner. ACIS/APSS
ESI Certified Reseller/Installer
www.regal-comm.com
We have several DECT headsets in service and have so far had very good luck with them. I don't know how the phone would work behind your switch but as far as the band and technology we like the frequency range.

Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
DT98 if range is what you want.

Check these phones out. Plus they are Avaya approved to go on their switches.

Avaya SMB Authorized Business Partner. ACIS/APSS
ESI Certified Reseller/Installer
www.regal-comm.com
DT98 Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks! I've just now been able to get back to my computer and check the replies...
As I understand it, DECT started out in Europe and part of or a branch of GSM wireless (cell) type phones in the 1.8g range and now the industry has changed it a bit for coming to the USA and if I understand correctly it's in the 1.9g freq range at this time. I could be wrong and of course the DECT phones here don't need a cell site tower type system.
I don't think DECT originally stood for Digitally Enhanced Cordless Telephone but that was added when coming here.

Anyway, I'm curious how the range compares to a 900mhz cordless and a 2.4g cordless.

Michael, I have used the cordless you sent the link to...I would like to know how some DECT cordless phones compare and then balance the cost difference vs. range...I could probably purchase 5 or 6 DECT cordless for the same price...

DECT...Don't Even Call There...Do Enjoy Call Transfer...

TGIF, DT98

I just installed a VTech DECT phone for a supermarket. Cost from Staples $39.00. Went to all corners of the building and the phone worked great. Had been using the Engenius. Great phone, but when the Store Managers break the handsets (even with the Rubber "Bounce Guard), and beat the s--- out of them, it is easier to replace with a $39.00 special. Trying a test to see how they hold up.

DT98 Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks for the info Phonman123,

Where is the VTech DECT base located in the store?

How high is the base mounted?

Thank you again,
DT98

DT98 Offline OP
OP Offline
Phonman123,
I forgot to ask, how are the supermarket users carrying the cordless phone? In a pouch, belt clip, pocket, etc...
Thanks..
DT98

In the larger scale dect deployments - they are starting to use a third party rubber phone protector which comes with a belt clip, the designs cover the major players like Nortel, Avaya, Mitel, Spectralink, Panasonic, Hitachi, NEC Philips etc.

The rubber used for these handset protectors are softer and have been drop tested by the respective phone manufacturers.

If you need any extra info - PM me

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,297
Posts638,867
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,675 Shoretel
189,658 CTX100 install
187,870 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dans 6
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (justbill), 137 guests, and 360 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024