web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Hey,
I'm new to the forum.
I am having an error/issue on 2 of my customers sites with Network eManager B11. When they press the connect button to connect to the CIX it just gives an error stating it cannot connect to call agent. I can connect fine with my laptop on their network so I know the CIX and network settings are correct.
What I found out, in my case, so far is that a Wireshark capture of the SNMP packets (when pressing the connect button) showed that eManager is trying to connect to 192.168.255.253, instead of the real actual IP that I have programmed through PRG916. I dont know yet where that IP address is coming from as I didnt enter in that IP anywhere. I know that IP is close to the defaut dialup one, but I dont know how eManager is trying to connect to it...and why it is trying to use a dialup IP...(i dont have the 'use dialup' checked off either)

This problem happened all of a sudden, but since it was on a customers site i dont know if they did anything to lead to it. I've installed eManager hundreds of times without issue...thats why this one has gotten me really confused.

Anyone have any info?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Have you used wireshark on a working connection? I haven't never bothered to do this myself.

It is not quite the IP for dialup, but also not the IP for default.

Was it working at one time? Have you verified the equipment setup? It sound like you know what you are doing, but it's good to check the basics. I would even delete and recreate the equipment setup.

Other then that, I'm not sure how to help.

OP Offline
Thanks for replying.
I've used Wireshark on my eManager and the 'destination' IP address is the IP of the CIX I'm trying to connect to...so i know that somethings going on.

I know its nothing to do with the customer's setup as my eManager can connect fine on their system...it's just that their eManager doesnt connect.

I'm still trying to figure this one out. If I figure it out I'll definitely make a post here or if anyone else figures it out...I'm all ears smile

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,799 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
pvj 4
jc2it 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 163 guests, and 244 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024