Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#20116 09/04/08 01:35 PM
OP Offline
Hi guys and girls, when we first started out on our own, our local EDA didn't want to spend a lot of money, so they had us install a non ksu 4 line phone for them. They have been happily going along for 5 years until a month ago when their line 2 was intermittent. The local phone company started running cable in the attic a few months ago only, and that's when things started happening. First the company said they tied into the company upstairs until they complained and they fixed it. We were in today and line 2 was there, and then it was gone, plugged into the demarc and it was still gone. came back about 15 minute later. Is it their problem, or should I suggest a phone system? Why would I not get dial tone at dmac? Thanks guys, I really appreciate you

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
Check the lines at the Dmark with all internal cabling unhooked.
If you have DT then it's a inside problem.
If not then it's the provider.

Very simple.

Avaya SMB Authorized Business Partner. ACIS/APSS
ESI Certified Reseller/Installer
www.regal-comm.com
OP Offline
Thank you Mdaniel, you cleared it up for us. I just wondered with this non ksu equipment that maybe it was shorting the line and causing it to go out for a certain period of time. We showed the customer how to connect to the "test jack" with our butt set and tell them that there was no dial tone. Thank you again!

Moderator-Nortel, Computers, General
One thing though to consider is once you disconnect everything from the demarc, it might take a couple of minutes for the DT to return. Rare, but it does occur, which might explain why you had it 15 minutes later when you returned.

Scientists say that the universe is made up of Protons, Neutron & Electrons. They forgot "Morons".
Dave. (CTUB) Canadian Techs Use Bix!
OP Offline
Thanks Dave, It did take a few minutes, but why would that be? Should it be there right away? Cg

Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
Originally posted by MooreTel:
One thing though to consider is once you disconnect everything from the demarc, it might take a couple of minutes for the DT to return. Rare, but it does occur, which might explain why you had it 15 minutes later when you returned.
I think that would go unsaid for someone that is in the phone business, but then again that may be the problem here.
:shrug:

Avaya SMB Authorized Business Partner. ACIS/APSS
ESI Certified Reseller/Installer
www.regal-comm.com
OP Offline
hey mooretell, I am going to try and sell them a ksu, as I don't think anything else is going to work for them. Thank you all for your responses.

I was never a fan of the KSU-less systems, BUT be up front with the client. That may or may not be the issue. It still could be a CO issue here until you prove otherwise.

Scientists say that the universe is made up of Protons, Neutron & Electrons. They forgot "Morons".
Dave. (CTUB) Canadian Techs Use Bix!
RIP Moderator-Nisuko-Tie, General
RIP Moderator-Nisuko-Tie, General
Dave's right , it would be embarrassing (at least to me ) to sell them a system and have the problem continue

Skip
------------------------------------

Serving SW and West central Fl since 1984
Spam Hunter
Spam Hunter
As was suggested here and elsewhere, after you completely isolate the inside wiring, if the LEC's test returns a short on the line, they will need to resolve the trouble.

I Love FEATURE 00
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,296
Posts638,846
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,656 Shoretel
189,546 CTX100 install
187,790 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dans 5
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 146 guests, and 278 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024