web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Hello I have a CIX670 system, and 2 phones (DKT-2020S) would like to have intercom buttons set-up on their keysets that intercom into individual extensions, with the intercom going through even if the person at the other extension is on the phone.

For example:
Secretary at x353 needs the ability to intercom x210 and x250.

How do I set this up using the eManager v5.2 software?

Also, on a question regarding the intercom, is there a way to have some sort of tone or beep played or a display light shown on the receiving extension that intercom is active, that way eavesdropping is not an issue?

Thank you kindly in advance.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
Turn on OCA, either speaker or handset. Both by default will have a splash tone.

OP Offline
Thank you for your reply. Can you kindly provide where I would enable this feature? I looked through the Station assignments in the emanage software and all the button directories, but do not see this option.

Thanks again.

OP Offline
Ok, sorry, I was only lookin in the Key tab for this, I found in the Basic tab:

33 Originate OCA Set to Enable Already
32 Auto OCA was Disabled, I Enabled it

In the DKT tab:

06 OCA Type set to Handset, am I changing this to speaker? If so, which ones, the sending extensions of the intercom, the receiving end, or both?

Also, after these options are enabled, how do the users actually perform the intercom page to those extensions, how do I program a Key Assignment on those phones?

Thank you, sorry for all the questions, I'm learning...

OP Offline
Also to elaborate on what I need to be able to do, secretaries at extensions 353 and 301 currently have several other extensions on their keys programmed, which they answer. When they receive a call on another extension, say 210, they answer, then they would like to intercom/page x210 to see if they would like to transfer the call to them, or send it to their voicemail. What are the steps for all of this to take place?

Thank you.

Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
Do the handsets have either Pool line keys or GCO keys setup on them?

If so change the extns to "Terminal Mode" in DKTP204 and enable call button jumping in system data P105.

This will enable you to ring their PDN whilst they are talking on the line keys and they will receive call camp on tones to their handset.

Just make sure the same pool line or GCO value is also programmed in the OLG and ILG for the lines.

Regards
Carl
OP Offline
Carl,

Thank you for your reply, I'm not sure how they are setup. I can tell you that each phone has 2 extensions assigned to the keys, one is the actual extension, the other is the extension with a 1 before it. For example, x 123 also has x1123 assigned to it, along with a button the phone, i believe it's called a phantom. Also, any phone that has other extensions assigned to the keys, also has both listed.

Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
Looks like someone has donethe Multiple DN Wizard creating 2 PDN keys so that they can receive multiple internl calls at the same time.

I would check to see if the extns are in terminal mode or line mode as well.

Regards
Carl

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,693
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,703 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
pvj 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (teleco, BobRobert), 108 guests, and 249 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024