web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
mjensen Offline OP
OP Offline
We have a CIX 670, CIX 100, and a CIX 200 in 3 locations. We are rolling out Cisco VOIP to 3 other locations (and will at some point consume all telephony into Cisco).

Could you help me with how to go about configuring this sip trunk or is there a config guide somewhere?

Is this fairly complicated to do? We have about 80 extensions on the 3 systems, and will have around 40-50 to start on the Cisco.

Thanks in advance.

Toshiba CIX 670, 100, and 200 User.
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Just to give you a heads up, there are a few things that will not work from our experience. Take it for what it's worth. I am no phone expert, but have supported these two types of the systems for the last couple of years.

It was a bit of pain, and the Toshiba vendor that we worked with, never worked with SIP trunking or an MIPU card before. They had quoted us 8 hours of labor... they put in about 30 and still could not get it work. They told me that 4 digital dial would not work... so I had to figure something out on my own.

We had 2 CIX 670s, and one CIX 100, and Cisco going into a new building.

Caller ID will not be passed from the Toshiba to the Cisco Call Manager. It takes the main number that is set in the URI table.

If someone calls from the Cisco to Toshiba, the Toshiba phone will display the caller id information that is setup in Call Manager.

If you want to 4 digit dial from a Cisco to a Toshiba, you are limited to 160 extensions on the Toshiba side.

You would need to make sure that you have the MIPU card on one of the 670's, configured IP address that can access the ip address of the Call Manager.

To be able to 4 digit dial from a Toshiba to a Cisco, that was a mess. You have to setup a Flex Access code to pick up the SIP trunk, then dial the extension.

We ended up creating Network DNs, that matched the extensions on the Cisco side. Then created Pilot DN, then had that automatically dial the Network Node, then code to pickup the trunk, then the extension.

You may be able to do something with a dial pattern and have it re-route the call out a PRI, but that would burn up a trunk line.

It may be easier if you had multiple MIPU cards, but we only had one that was being utilized by 3 systems.

On the Call Manager, you need to create a SIP trunk under trunking, then dial pattern masks that tell it to use that SIP trunk. You end up putting in the IP address of the MIPU card in the configuration.

I am no longer with the company that has these today, so I don't have access to go in and take a look at the settings.

Daren

mjensen Offline OP
OP Offline
I appreciate the quick response. Sounds like a headache. I imagine it would have been smoother if the Toshiba vendor had been more skilled in the area.

Toshiba CIX 670, 100, and 200 User.

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,693
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,096 Shoretel
187,702 CTX100 install
186,791 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 97 guests, and 235 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024