Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#205638 12/01/11 02:29 AM
sloweb Offline OP
OP Offline
We have a CIX100 running 5.20. Our lines now come in on a PRI. We have started to deploy some ip phones at our branch offices via a MIPU. The first snag that we ran into was that the branch offices, being in different area codes, were only able to present the main number at the PBX location. (not to mention the 911 problems) Our Toshiba vendor told us that if we changed from the existing T-1 Digital Trunk to a PRI, that would solve the problem. A fair amount of money later, it did not.

My question is - is there any way to present unique full 10 digit numbers based on extension?

The vendor now says no, that there is just one area code that can be presented and wants us to buy one of the new ipEdges for the IP locations and integrate it to the CIX. He has been wrong so many times that I don't have much confidence in his knowledge any more.

Can this be done using our existing setup?

TIA . . . .

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Former Moderator-Toshiba, Request an Installer
Former Moderator-Toshiba, Request an Installer
Yes, if the provider allows it on their circuit, you can present a different DID on a per station basis. But.... (There's always a But)

The number that is presented must be a number that is already a DID on the PRI. For example if your main BTN is 650-xxx-xxxx that number is presented by default. If you want to present 655-yyy-yyyy, that number must be one of the numbers currently on your circuit.

This has been my experience with the carriers here....

Either way, I don't think that will solve any 911 issues.

Now available Voicemail Programmer Kit to program your Toshiba Voice Mail across your network.

Toshiba Technical Support at: One Ring Telecom
sloweb Offline OP
OP Offline
THNX Voyager,
I don't mind the 911 issue, I got around it by hanging an official looking red phone on the wall labeled 911 that is connected to the one POTS line that we've kept in each branch office.

We are getting our DID's with 7 digits from the Telco. The vendor says he can only put in 7 digits on the outgoing presentation that is then appended to the one and only area code field.

If we were getting 10 digit DIDs (assuming that to be possible) from the Telco, does that change the options that we can use on the outgoing presentation?

Sorry, my understanding of this is minimal at best. I just need to verify everything this guy tells me.

It really has nothing to do with how many incoming DID digits you are receiving. I looked at the programming and the vendor is correct in that you can only put in 7 digits in the outgoing presentation and that is appended to the area code. I think there may be a work around for this by using different OLG's, possibly setting up ISDN Call by call. Ive never ran into this before, maybe somebody else here can confirm.

And Voyager is correct in that you are gonna have a hard time sending out any number that is not a DID on your PRI.

I have had mixed results sending out a DID that was not associated with the PRI. Most of the times I could without a problem.

It is true that there is a one area code per OLG and the phones just modify the last 7, but Call By Call will solve this by using different OLG. The number of DID digits dont matter. I have used Call by call for this situation where, some people wanted to present a toll free and others wanted a local number.

sloweb Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks everyone, this certainly sounds doable, I am just trying to figure out the best way to get it done, politically smile

There is an article on Toshiba's FYI that says how to use Call by Call. I don't remember if I looked at that article before I used this methode the first time.

For me personally I like learning new tricks. I have had customer say that something could be done after I said it couldn't, and I tell them I would love to be proven wrong. I don't know if other techs would react differently. Some people dont like to admit when they are wrong.

You vendor should be able to search the Konwledgebase for Call by call multiple tenents. and call Tech support if needed.

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,293
Posts638,827
Members49,768
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,536 Shoretel
189,423 CTX100 install
187,593 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 28
teleco 8
dexman 6
jsaad 5
Who's Online Now
3 members (Toner, BCmitel, Justin M), 124 guests, and 160 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024