Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#207185 07/17/12 04:52 AM
MattNat Offline OP
OP Offline
hi,
we've got a CIX200 and the accompanying MAS server. by default, there is a task (viewable in eManager, under 'Strategy ES'->'VM System'->'VM Scheduler' called OSShutdown. this runs once a week at 5am and reboots the system.

we've a couple times had the system either hang, and not completely reboot, or had an issue with services on startup, both of which lead to an outage in our call center.

it says in the manual (CIX-MA-PRGM2-VA1.pdf) that: 'In order to maintain the validity of both Windows XP and voice mail data, a periodic soft
boot of the system is required. For that reason the OSShutdown routine cannot be deleted
from the Scheduler’s list of Scheduled Actions. If desired, the timetable for this action can
be extended to a date and time in the future.'
aok

i want to delete this task and simply reboot by hand, supervised, on patch tuesday.

should this be okay (1 month in between reboots) or will bugs lurking in XP/toshiba software cause a meltdown before then?

i really dislike getting calls early tuesday morning when this happens.

thanks,
-matt

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#207186 07/17/12 06:41 AM
Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
I suggest having a Toshiba dealer come out and replace the "OSShutdown" with "SESRestart". To be on the safe side, I would have them delete the files in the Persistence folder and make a new schedule for the "UMSync" and "SESRestart". Stratagy checks the database upon restart so you might want to check to see if you have too many messages that could slow or hinder the restart. After that, you can monitor Windows updates and reboot on occasionally when it's convenient for you.

#207187 07/17/12 11:29 AM
MattNat Offline OP
OP Offline
thanks phonemeister, i'm forwarding your recommendation to our dealer.
-matt

MattNat Offline OP
OP Offline
hey,
i have removed the osshutdown task and deleted the corresponding .tmp file from C:\StratagyES\Persistence on the MAS.
however, the task is re-created upon reboot (probably when the voicemail programs start back up).
is there any way to permanently get rid of this? set it to 'run' once, in the past?
thanks,
-matt

MattNat Offline OP
OP Offline
the solution is to edit HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\TAIS\StratagyES\Configuration\sys_alias_list and remove the first part of the string, like "{ScheduledShutdown {Tcl {ScheduleUniqueTcl 0201080101010101354ed510 OSShutdown}}} "
-matt

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,282
Posts638,762
Members49,764
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,440 Shoretel
188,295 CTX100 install
187,076 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 6
dexman 4
jc2it 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 78 guests, and 191 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024