web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
I previously posted this in the wrong group:

I will make this as brief as possible: I have a Vodavi 1428 with a 4 port Dispatch Voice mail system. Many of the users have pager notification. The system has been working fine until I switched to a T-1 line with analog phone outputs and internet service. The phone system still works fine and the Voice Mail works fine except for the pager notification feature. When someone leaves a message a few seconds after disconnect the dispatch system grabs a line as if it is making an outgoing call, but the call never reaches the intended phone or pager. When you check the dispatch log, it shows where it has attempted the notification twice (I have retries set to 2). I have checked the incoming line number sequences and they are connected to the 1428 in the same manner as they were before. I have 5 incoming lines to my 1428 and one of these lines is the back line direct to voice mail. When a message is left, the system will pick up line 4 to place the outgoing notification. Is there a possibility that Dispatch is picking up line 4 to dial out and it dials, but there is no dial tone (however, line 4 from the phones works and it lights up when Dispatch chooses it)? The log does not show an error, but it does show 2 attempts). Could the delay be too long before it dials? It appears that the line 4 light stays on about 10 seconds total. Any way to check what is happening while the system is attempting an outbound notification? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Mitel, NEC, Vodavi
Moderator-Mitel, NEC, Vodavi
Place your butt set in line w/ port 4 & monitor the outbound dialing. My guess is the trunk group access code is missing when the VM dials out.

OP Offline
Thanks for the reply. If it is the trunk group access code, how do I correct this? Any idea how just removing the old incoming lines from the 1428 and plugging in the new incoming lines would effect this. How can I check this. Thanks, again.

OP Offline
Okay, I have more info. I checked to see what the line was doing when Dispatch attempted outbound notification and it gets an open line (has dial tone), it dials a single digit (unknown digit - then no dial tone), then it pauses and dials the intended pager number, it waits then dials the notification codes for message count, ext, etc. Durring the pause before notification codes the lines gets a busy signal. Whatever the single digit it is dialing it should not be, this is causing the problem. Does the system think it needs to dial something for an outside line? If so, how do I change this? Is this part of the script? I am using the page12.cnf, but the book states that all of the preloaded scripts are the same other than the delay time before sending the notification details. I have run out of ideas and the manual is not helping much. Again any help is aprreciated.
Thanks,

Moderated by  EV607797, JWRacedog, MnDave, nfcphoneman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,305
Posts638,893
Members49,771
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,866 Shoretel
189,983 CTX100 install
188,101 1a2 system
Newest Members
Mansour, Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks
49,770 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 17
dexman 6
teleco 6
dans 5
jsaad 5
Who's Online Now
1 members (JBean3329), 67 guests, and 27 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024