web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#207788 05/10/04 08:52 AM
OP Offline
I have a Starplus 616 Flex system. I have attached a Caller ID to it but it does not work. I have the two line caller ID. Can someone please tell me if I need something special to make it work?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#207789 05/10/04 08:58 AM
Unfortunately, Starplus 616 Flex system does not support caller ID. In order to use your 2-line unit you will need a jack terminated to the two incoming lines ahead of the system.

#207790 05/11/04 02:15 AM
OP Offline
Thank you for replying but what do you mean when you say I need a "jack terminated to the two incoming lines?" I dont understand. Sorry. But thank you so very much.
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by JOHNYREB:
Unfortunately, Starplus 616 Flex system does not support caller ID. In order to use your 2-line unit you will need a jack terminated to the two incoming lines ahead of the system.
</font>

#207791 05/11/04 02:36 AM
To make it simple, the Vodavi analog systems are not capable of recieving or transmitting caller ID information.
As I understand it, the only way to get caller ID information on this system is to put in a caller ID unit on the incoming lines before thaey go to the KSU and have it send the caller ID info to an external, not connected to the system, ID display on the user's desk. There are several types of this kind of unit manufactured and I believe that they are fairly easy to set up. The only annoying part is running two sets of wiring to each and every desk that you want to have caller ID information at, and the extra unit on each desk.

#207792 05/11/04 06:28 AM
OP Offline
Thank you so much. I will have to look into that. Appreciate the assistance. Have a great day.
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by paul144:
To make it simple, the Vodavi analog systems are not capable of recieving or transmitting caller ID information.
As I understand it, the only way to get caller ID information on this system is to put in a caller ID unit on the incoming lines before thaey go to the KSU and have it send the caller ID info to an external, not connected to the system, ID display on the user's desk. There are several types of this kind of unit manufactured and I believe that they are fairly easy to set up. The only annoying part is running two sets of wiring to each and every desk that you want to have caller ID information at, and the extra unit on each desk.
</font>

Moderated by  EV607797, JWRacedog, MnDave, nfcphoneman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,796 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
jc2it 4
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (nortelvoip), 195 guests, and 245 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024