web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
I have a working knowledge of the Triad 3 but I don't feel comfortable enough telling a customer yay or nay on this one. Customer is an elementry school with phones in each classroom, and they want to re-number the extensions to match the room numbers. For example, they want the 100 wing to be 100 through 110 the 200 wing to be 200-210 etc. Is this possible without alot of trouble and are there any number combinations I need to stay away from to avoid system conlficts? They are also using a digital dipatch Voice Mail. Any thought would be appreciated.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

This is a Flash 52 function, and it's a piece of cake. I've always done my station Flexible Numbering before I set up the VM, but if you review the manual before you do it it shouldn't be any problem. Actually one of the easier Vodavi tasks! Let me know if you need any manuals, I think I have the Triads on CD here somewhere.

Rover is correct...it is pretty easy. We have a few customers that like the 1st floor to be 100-1xx and the 2nd floor to be 200-2xx.

Here are my quick reference notes for what it's worth....

Flexible Extentions
-flash 52
-button 22=increase
-button 23=decrease
-but 21=direct flex access
-but 24=direct fix access
To Change Flex Code
-press butt 1
-press butt 2 to delete
-while button 1 is lit enter ext hold

OP Offline
Appreciate the info guys, I'll give it a shot. I didn't think there would be a problem and knew they could be changed, but just wasn't sure if it mattered what I changed them to. I didn't want to create more problems than I solved. Thanks again!

IF YOU CAN USE THE WINDBA PROGRAMMING VIA LAPTOP ITS EVEN EASIER. yOUR ONLY PROBLEM WILL COME RENUMBERING STATION 100 IF 200 EXIST IN THE DATABASE AT ALL, EVEN IF ITS NOT BEING USED. NUMBERS OBVIOUSLY CANNOT COEXIST.

A6 Offline
The other posts are correct on changing the station numbers. If you are using voice mail for an RNA or a BFWD you have to make sure each station carries the voicemail inband integration.

If you need some verbal assistance JR, call me. I can step you through some of this if needed.

Tip and ring, the work of the devil!
OP Offline
Thanks A6, I may take you up on that. School won't start for another a couple months so we are going to wait until all the new teachers get there to make the changes. Thanks again to all for the help.

I am amazed by the acuracy of the support given here. This task is simple and you should have no problems. A6 rocks

[This message has been edited by vodaviman (edited July 15, 2004).]

vodaviman

Moderated by  EV607797, JWRacedog, MnDave, nfcphoneman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,693
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,703 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
jc2it 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Curlycord), 81 guests, and 241 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024