web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#208016 09/01/04 06:20 AM
drewcom Offline OP
OP Offline
Hello everyone...actually hopin someone can help me figure out why an incoming C.O. call...(answered and transfer to a Digital Station) via an Analog Talkpath A.A.... won't let the call follow the Off-Net Forwarding at the Digital Station. The Off-Net forwarding works fine when it is presented with a call transfered frmo another Digital Station or an internal call...but not when an analog port is involved. I know I have used this feature before (on this particular system and v.m.)via the A.A. to a s/l ext. that was permanently Off-Net'd to an answering service for after hours calls for emergency service. It doesn't even work if I call from an S/L port to the Digital Station...it does a hook flash and the call hangs. You are some bright fellas, so I bet you're all going "...well, duhhh...", but I just can't seem to remember what needs to be done to make this work. Thanks!

[This message has been edited by drewcom (edited September 01, 2004).]

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#208017 09/02/04 02:02 PM
A6 Offline
What revision of software are you using? I had the same problem happen with software earlier than ver 4.

How are you forwarding. Are you using using the 'FWD' 6 SPEED ### command at the phone?

Does the Analog port have the same CO class of service as the extensions?

I take it these are analog co's and DID's.

Tip and ring, the work of the devil!
#208018 09/02/04 04:23 PM
drewcom Offline OP
OP Offline
I will have to check the version of software...but, here is my exact scenario...A regular CO call is answered by the analog TalkPath, the caller dials an ext. that is forwarded Off-Net to a cellphone (via...FWD+6+Personal Speed Bin 19). The call simply goes nowhere. If I call from an unused S/L port...the same thing happens...you hear a "thump" (I assume the DVX+ putting the call on hold) but the DVX+ never grabs an outgoing line to forward the call. If an internal ext. calls this fwd'd extension...everything works...the DVX+ grabs another line out and the call goes through. Line and Station COS's are default, unrestricted. It shouldn't have anything to do w/ the TalkPath because I am doing Blind Transfers, besides, I can't do it from any S/L port, either...I sure appreciate any thoughts you might have...thanks for your response.

[This message has been edited by drewcom (edited September 02, 2004).]

#208019 09/08/04 03:11 AM
The phone that is being forwarde, does it have a loop button. It seems that created a your exact problem for me once.

#208020 09/08/04 04:38 AM
drewcom Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks for sending a response. I actually set up all the phones with “squared” appearances of all (8) of their lines…I am starting to think it has something to do more with the fact that an analog port is blind transferring the call to a digital than anything else. Man this is frustrating, I love the Vodavi DVX+ Infinite system, but it always seems there’s a hang up with something that should be straight forward like this. I certainly would appreciate any further ideas anybody has. Thanks.

#208021 09/08/04 05:19 AM
Moderator-Mitel, NEC, Vodavi
Moderator-Mitel, NEC, Vodavi
Check to see trunk group access for the analog ports. Flash 50, page b, button 8.

#208022 09/08/04 05:38 AM
drewcom Offline OP
OP Offline
I will dbl check that Dr. I don't recall changing anything from default for stations Trunk Group Access (so everything should be Group 1), but who knows...I have tried calling an (Off-Net Fwd'd) digital phone from an unused s/l port on my test set...but the call just goes on hold and never proceeds. Shouldn't I get a fast busy/error tone if the analog port has no Grp1 access? Hmmm...maybe not because it is a s/w feature. I hope you are correct and I have simply been stupid and overlooked an obvious area of the d-base. Whatever the case, I will post back and let you guys know how it turned out. Thank you very much for your input, all>

[This message has been edited by drewcom (edited September 08, 2004).]

#208023 09/08/04 10:29 AM
[A regular CO call is answered by the analog TalkPath, the caller dials an ext. that is forwarded Off-Net to a cellphone (via...FWD+6+Personal Speed Bin 19).

How is personal speed bin 19 programmed to grab an availble co line "speed speed- off net phone number" or "speed - press a particular co line button - off net phone number" either should work but you need to direct the speed dial bin to a co line sonehow.

Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don't mind it dosent matter. - Mark Twain
#208024 09/08/04 11:02 AM
drewcom Offline OP
OP Offline
The digital station is Off-Net Fwd'd with Personal Bin 19 (which is spd-spd cell phone #). What is disturbing me is that the feature works fine if the calling station is a digital station as well...just doesn't work when the TRAN/Calling station is an analog port. Thanks

#208025 09/08/04 03:10 PM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by drewcom:
The digital station is Off-Net Fwd'd with Personal Bin 19 (which is spd-spd cell phone #). What is disturbing me is that the feature works fine if the calling station is a digital station as well...just doesn't work when the TRAN/Calling station is an analog port. Thanks</font>

Just thinking out loud here,I have a customer with a DVX III installation with a single line board, with fax machine on one of the single line ports. To send a fax have to dial 804 (4 being the line group for the dedicated fax number) Recently had to change the single line port and had to change the class of service, the default was intercom only. Thats an analog device sending a signal to a digital phone system, which seems to be the same situation you have.

[This message has been edited by dosjock (edited September 08, 2004).]

Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don't mind it dosent matter. - Mark Twain
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  EV607797, JWRacedog, MnDave, nfcphoneman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,693
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,097 Shoretel
187,703 CTX100 install
186,792 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
pvj 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 89 guests, and 251 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024