Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#208029 09/01/04 10:39 AM
dosjock Offline OP
OP Offline
STS, new install this week. 4x16x2 w/inskin voicemail. customer is using OHVO. OHVO enabled in all sets. flex button on each set programmed for OHVO (628). OHVO works fine except when a station that receives an OHVO call, ends all calls, that station beeps, like a reminder beep, every 5-10 seconds. no buttons are lit, dislpay screen indicates station number, date and time. the only way to get rid of the beeping is to reset the beeping phone. Tried resetting the system, thats what vodavi would have you do, did not correct the beeping problem. Anyone ever run into this before ? Also we have a Mach 1 system in our office, duplicted the OHVO sceniario there today and no beeping.
thanks

Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don't mind it dosent matter. - Mark Twain
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#208030 09/02/04 01:52 PM
A6 Offline
Try this next time it happens. Press the 'MSG' key on the phone. See if that stops the beeping.

I have seen this problem before and can recreate it on the latest XTS revision. To the best of my knowledge I thought this was only happening on the XTS. I know Vodavi engineers are working on this problem with me right now so I don't think anything can be done right now.

Tip and ring, the work of the devil!
#208031 09/02/04 02:16 PM
dosjock Offline OP
OP Offline
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by A6:
Try this next time it happens. Press the 'MSG' key on the phone. See if that stops the beeping.

I have seen this problem before and can recreate it on the latest XTS revision. To the best of my knowledge I thought this was only happening on the XTS. I know Vodavi engineers are working on this problem with me right now so I don't think anything can be done right now.

</font>

thanks A6, fyi just installed another STS today. tried the ohvo on that switch, with same results as my original post. will be back at the second loction tomorrow for the cutover and will try the msg button you suggested. sounds like a glitch in the firmware
thanks for the reply
dosjock

Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don't mind it dosent matter. - Mark Twain
#208032 09/07/04 01:45 PM
dosjock Offline OP
OP Offline
thanks A6, the MSG button works for now. the boss has been in contact with vodavi, and they acknowledge the issue with the STS and are supposed to have a fix in the next few weeks

Moderated by  EV607797, JWRacedog, MnDave, nfcphoneman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,279
Posts638,739
Members49,764
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,291 Shoretel
188,177 CTX100 install
187,020 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 15
teleco 4
jc2it 4
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Toner), 94 guests, and 96 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024