web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#208383 03/03/05 11:35 PM
Floyd Offline OP
OP Offline
Ok, I was just given this XTS system to change the menus, and of course the person that took care of it is gone.
When I called the company that installed it, they said they are not going to get someone "to take a look at it for a while" so please help!
I have XTS with pathfinder and I have all passwords.
The problem is that when the previous person recorded the "press 8 for this department" on one of the menus, I cannot change the voice menu because I cannot get into the prompt for the password (it's 8 on all other menus).
Is there a way to get into the voice menu from station 100 or the software?
I have no book either, the previous person took all of them.
Thanks if you can help.
Floyd

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#208384 03/03/05 11:56 PM
A6 Offline
If you have the passwords for the system, just go to that menu in programming and change the '8' directive to 'Record Prompts'. Save the change, dial into the menu you just changed and press '8' enter password and follow the prompts to start recording. When finished, change the prompt back to what it was.

You can also change the prompt from a mailbox if your COS is allowed to change system prompts. If I recall correctly, you need to sign into your voicemail box, press 8 for special functions, then enter the password. It should prompt you for the menu number you want to change.

Tip and ring, the work of the devil!
#208385 03/04/05 05:46 AM
Floyd Offline OP
OP Offline
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by A6:
If you have the passwords for the system, just go to that menu in programming and change the '8' directive to 'Record Prompts'. Save the change, dial into the menu you just changed and press '8' enter password and follow the prompts to start recording. </font>

Sorry, but I don't know where to change this in the system, because if I press 8 at that menu it transfers me to another menu - that's what I want to change.

[This message has been edited by Floyd (edited March 04, 2005).]

#208386 03/04/05 11:45 AM
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi
Log on to your voice mail and press 7. You will be prompted for the system password. Follow the voice prompts and you should be able to change the menu, if you know what number it is.

#208387 03/04/05 02:54 PM
Go to the pathfinder. (its the pc vm) the talkpath is the blue digital box. Log into the pathfinder. when you log on click on start --> programs-->pathfinder---->maint. Maint is the tool used to program the pathfinder. Once there goto the menu you are playing. if not sure what menu you are playing look at the line setup. Once you find the correct menu change the 8 to record prompts, then call in to vm and press 8 it will then ask you for a pw enter pw and record the instructions

#208388 03/06/05 09:19 AM
Floyd Offline OP
OP Offline
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ironhedz:
Go to the pathfinder. (its the pc vm) the talkpath is the blue digital box. Log into the pathfinder. when you log on click on start --> programs-->pathfinder---->maint. Maint is the tool used to program the pathfinder. Once there goto the menu you are playing. if not sure what menu you are playing look at the line setup. Once you find the correct menu change the 8 to record prompts, then call in to vm and press 8 it will then ask you for a pw enter pw and record the instructions</font>

Yup, I am so dumb, I did this in the morn!
I forgot about the Maint program!

Thanks for all you help guys.

Floyd

[This message has been edited by Floyd (edited March 06, 2005).]

Moderated by  EV607797, JWRacedog, MnDave, nfcphoneman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,112 Shoretel
187,717 CTX100 install
186,810 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 7
pvj 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (justbill, Curlycord), 55 guests, and 432 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024