web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
laurie Offline OP
OP Offline
I have a customer that has an STS that was installed about a year and a half ago. They have been having all kinds of problems with the system so after being on the phone with tech support I was sent out an upgrade for the system. The system also has the inskin vm. I can log into the voicemail and do programming changes just fine. Before I can do the upgrade I need to download all of there programming. The problem is I get to the prompt to enter my password and the only key that works on my keyboard is enter which leads me back to enter password. I have had all my cables checked, I have had my laptop checked. I have been on the phone with vodavi tech support for hours trying everything. Tech support told me I should default system and then see if I could log in. I decided to go to another customer with the same system and the same thing happened. If I am correct it's the same set up in the hyperterminal to log into the voicemail as it is to the phone system . PLEASE HELP

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
If you can communicate with the voice mail, then your laptop settings are correct. Are these sites YOUR customers or did you adopt them?

First, the same cable for the voice mail card and the KSU aren't the same. For the KSU, it requires a straight-through pinout. For the voice mail card, it requires a null-modem cable.

From what you are saying, it appears that the original installer of both systems changed the KSU's password. What you have described is exactly what happens when you enter the incorrect password. Are you entering XXXXvodavi on the laptop or just XXXX? That might be your problem. When programming from a phone, only XXXX is required.

Being an STS, even if you had to completely reprogram the system, I can't imagine that it would be that bad. We can help you if you hit a bump in the road in doing so.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
laurie Offline OP
OP Offline
They are my customers. I went into programing to make sure that the password was not changed. When I talked to Vodavi the question came up about the straight thru cable and the null modem cable. I am logging into the voice mail with a straight thru cable and I was told that the null modem was not a requirement.

laurie Offline OP
OP Offline
I am not worried about reprogramming the system. I don't understand why I can not log into it. I have had the same issue with another customer as I had said. Thanks

I have always used a straight thru cable for both as well and have not had any problems. The only problems that I have encountered connecting, is when I was told that I could could connect to either of the two serial ports by tech support. I then learned you can only use the top one. Also had a STS shipped with the connectors for the serial ports going to the board swapped, so I was unable to connect to the top port until I swapped the jumpers around. Have you tried the WinDBA instead of hyper-terminal?

Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi
As Johnyreb said, you do use the same straight cable for the KSU as you do for the voicemail. I believe the manual originally said you needed a null modem cable, but that was incorrect.

Have you verified that you do not have SMDR turned on for Port 1?

Make sure that you have ICLID Features (Flash 56, Button 1) disabled. If this feature is enabled for Port 1, you will not be able to program. However, I don't think you will get a prompt at all.

I'm assuming that you reset the KSU, verified your baud rates.

Having said that, the cursor never moves when you inputing your password and if you do not put in the correct password it will take you back to a log-in prompt. As Ed said, you are using xxxxvodavi and not just xxxx, correct?

One more thing...are you able to log into config via the laptop?

To get past the cable issue you could connect laptop modem to one of the analog extensions and dial 499 - that would assist in determining if it's a cable issue.
Mike

Good point Mike! If she has a modem.

laurie Offline OP
OP Offline
I will be trying all your suggestions next week and by the way I didn't mean to come off like a b@##$h but it has been time consuming and very frusterating, I had just finished a large cut over and by the way I'm a woman. Thank you all so much it's great to have support

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  EV607797, JWRacedog, MnDave, nfcphoneman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,796 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
jc2it 4
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (Toner, hitechcomm), 142 guests, and 241 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024