Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#216613 10/14/09 02:51 AM
OP Offline
Can someone please help!! at wits end.
we installed last year an expansion unit with an 8 station board, the system now has 26 phones.
For some reason no matter what we have tried, once the Expansion unit is plugged into the main CPU, the voice mail goes haywire and will just ring and ring and becomes sporadic, the id's were changed on vm, to match numbering etc.. the main unit and the expansion unit and the voice mail have all been changed out to rule out any probs with equipment and still does the same thing, Tech support from vodavi is useless, what the heck are we missing? We upgraded software everything. HELP!!!

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Default the system and then reprogram the cards back in. I find that when you flex number the vm extensions, whacky things can happen. So you may have to live with a gap in the phone extension numbering.

www.myrandomviews
"Old phone guys never die, they just get locked in some closet with an old phone system and forgotten about"

Retired, taking photographs and hoping to fly one of my many kites.
OP Offline
We completely defaulted everything and started all over from scratch, the numbering starts at 100 and ends ar 125 for everything, is right by the book, has this happened to you??

Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi
Are you using the cable that came with the EKSU to connect to the KSU? In other words, you're not using a longer, standard amphenol cable, are you?

OP Offline
No is the cable it came with the 2 additional phones work fine just VM all over the place, is hit or miss and driving us crazy, we completely tore everything down in programming, re-initialized you name it, I sent expansion unit out for repair, thinking maybe that was bad, but came back re-installed and still same prob. If you inplug exp unit everything is just fine. ????? YIKES!

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Maybe it is something as simple as a bad cabinet connection cable.

www.myrandomviews
"Old phone guys never die, they just get locked in some closet with an old phone system and forgotten about"

Retired, taking photographs and hoping to fly one of my many kites.
A6 Offline
What type of voice mail are you using?
An Inskin or an external(analog/digital)?
If analog, possible problems with ring generator.

When did it stop working properly? Only when you put the expansion cabinet in? Is the digital card the only thing in the expansion cabinet? Just hook up the expansion cabinet and don't plug in the DTIB card. Is vm still sporatic? Then plug in the DTIB card and see if the same thing happens.

Have you used etrace to see call progress if timers are activating extensions properly?

Are there more than 28 co ports in system? Not lines, but co ports? If so partition out what's not being used.

It's hard to give specific advice not knowing all variables. If you are close to port limits, resources start failing.

I wouldn't expect to get answers to all this stuff but look at any of these items to see when things go wrong.

Tip and ring, the work of the devil!
Originally posted by dillandra:
No is the cable it came with the 2 additional phones work fine just VM all over the place, is hit or miss and driving us crazy, we completely tore everything down in programming, re-initialized you name it, I sent expansion unit out for repair, thinking maybe that was bad, but came back re-installed and still same prob.
I'm not asking about the cables going to the phone. I'm asking about the cable between the Basic KSU and the Expansion KSU.

OP Offline
Hi,
I appreciate all your help,

I am not sure if my tech did the process of eliminarion with 1st the EXP unit and then the dtib, but I certainly will pass that to him. There is an inskinVM. The system is fine until the EXP unit is plug in. There are 6 co lines there is 1 additional CO board in the main processor;There is only 1 dtib in the expansion. Not sure if he used etrace, but the problem is sporadic sometimes the extension will forward to VM after 4 rings and sometimes, it just doesn't???? Big mystery, But I will have him check those items individually, I'm sure he may have, but who knows...

Thanks for your great help, more than Vodavi has ever given LOL

Lorena

OP Offline
Ok,

Sorry I'm back, I stand completely corrected on 1 issue that I thought we covered:
The cable we are using for the EKSU is NOT the cable it came with, rather the cable we are using is a 6 to 8 foot amphenol cable, There was no room for the other. The question I have now is the supplied cable a straight through, or reverse orientation? This question is from my tech.
I guess is an issue of distance?? It seems wierd there is that much sensitivity, but is possible?
We are going to hold the unit closer and try it, then will have to spend all day re-arranging phone room, but will be worth it if it fixes the issue

Let me know what you think, I will be forever gratefiul for any help you cab give me, as is really been a pain!!

Thanks

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  EV607797, JWRacedog, MnDave, nfcphoneman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,423 Shoretel
189,185 CTX100 install
187,432 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 136 guests, and 433 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024