Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
Hey everyone,

I have the system at home now. And have it on the floor in my basement powered up. I took one of the 18 button phones and had it hooked up to STA 100's pair. It would not power up. On all the other pairs, i.e 101, 102, etc.

One of the 30 button phones (the 2nd one pictured in the post futher above this one) works on STA 100!

I connected my serial cable to RS232-1 to my laptop and with Tera Term, but I am not getting anything on the screen. My settings are as follows:

Baud: 9600
Data: 8 bit
Parity: None
Stop: 1 bit
Flow Control: None

Are those correct?

And I'm drawing a blank on what button you push for "Flash" to get into the system via STA 100 to find version info, etc. I pressed Flash, and then 1, 5, but I must not be doing the sequence properly.

Thanks!

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

For system and version just dial 605 with receiver on hook. I'm pretty sure that applies to what your showing too.

As far as programming goes, use a display phone connected to station 100.

EDIT: Once you find what system you have get a manual or you won't get anywhere.

Retired phone dude
OP Offline
I got in, finally. I found the manuals for a DVX1 system. But its awful, its a scanned paper to PDF manual so I cant search it.

Here's what I'm dealing with:

ENG V4.11 P07-2FE2 8 Infinite Basic

It would probably be worthwhile for me to reset the system to factory defaults using the Flash 80 code.

Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
You don't have a DVX1, you have a Mach 1. They are entirely different systems from top to bottom. Although the programming procedures are somewhat similar, you really need to get a Mach 1 or Triad S manual.

Using flash 80 is a good way to default it, but you really should use the database switch on the processor section of the mother board.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
Moderator-Vodavi, Vertical, XBlue
There is a feature called "Station Lock" to prevent the loss of station programming that results when a different station type is plugged into a port already designated as another station type. You can turn this lock off in the data base or just default the system via the database switch.

- Dave S. -

You can never appease your ideologue opponents.

OP Offline
Thanks Dave, I remember that now from something you or one of the other folks helped me with a while back.

I printed out the Flash programming options and will read them over when I can.

It's not clear yet, about using Flash 80 to do a factory reset vs something with the database initialization.

Flash 80 is actually designed for use when just part of the database needs to be addressed. The dip switch hardware method is advised when the entire system needs it.

I'm actually a little anal though when it comes to reinitializing a system. I start with the dip switch method and then follow it up with the flash 80 method. A little redundant perhaps, but years ago, someone in tech support suggested that to me to clear out a problem and I have done it that way ever since.

- Dave S. -

OP Offline
I'll look for that in the manuals I have then. When you say "reinitialize the database" you're really just resetting the entire system to factory defaults?

Yes. That is all that it means. Nothing more. Good luck!

- Dave S. -

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  EV607797, JWRacedog, MnDave, nfcphoneman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,292
Posts638,824
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,491 Shoretel
189,244 CTX100 install
187,585 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 28
teleco 8
dexman 5
jsaad 5
Who's Online Now
2 members (B Ledford, nonameyet), 130 guests, and 85 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024