Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
GeeRay Offline OP
OP Offline
I changed out a 24-button to a 30-button. now it looses transmit occasionally and comes back by itself. I swapped it with another 30-button and it stayed with the port. when it looses transmit it is on every type call, incoming, outgoing and interoffice. It does this every 4th day or so and last a few hours. I have not been there when it failed. When I walk in the door it starts working!!

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Unplug the phone and reprogram the port as an SLT. Plug the phone back in and reprogram the set. I've had some strange issues show up when installing a 30 btn replacing especially an Infinite 24 btn.

If that doesn't work then the only thing I can think of is replace the DTIB.

Moderator-Vodavi, Vertical, XBlue
Try Bill's suggestion but if it returns, you could also try a port swap. Howver, if it is a software glitch, I have even seen it follow a port swap. Keep us posted.

- Dave S. -

You can never appease your ideologue opponents.

GeeRay Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks guys, I just got the call it failed again. Deltron I had done the set reset, I'll try that again. Then I will do the port swap. This is the Reception phone. I have changed out several other 24s to the 30s there with no problems, oh well if this stuff was easy everyone would be doing it!!
Thx, G

if this stuff was easy everyone would be doing it!!
Great words of wisdom here! The problem is when someone learns a little bit and then think they know a lot. That is when a little knowledge can be dangerous.

- Dave S. -

GeeRay Offline OP
OP Offline
Dave are you talking about customers that look over your shoulder while you are in admin.?

I reset the phone again. I'll stop by in the AM. I have a feeling if it resurfaces it will be in about 4-days. I have to move this system in Nov. I may upgrade the software then, depending on the series of processor
Thx, G

customers that look over your shoulder
That would certainly apply but I was thinking more in line with some CGs that I have had to work with. Actually, when a customer says "That was easy", I usually say, "Yes, it's easy. But it's just that there are a thousand and one easy things to remember!" That usually gets them off my back.

- Dave S. -

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Dave are you talking about customers that look over your shoulder
I had a customer doing that to me a couple of years ago. I told him that I would bill for a "Chief charge". When he asked me I told him that the first person watching my work would incur a Chief Charge of $75 per hour. Each additional Chief would be billed at $35 per. They went away.

My other guy that was annoying me literally had his chin on my shoulder watching what I was doing. I calmly pulled my lineman's pliers out and cut through the power cable, screamed and jumped back. Needless to say he disappeared.

Customers are trainable. laugh

GeeRay Offline OP
OP Offline
I just swapped The two DTIB-24s and failed 15 minutes later, lasted about 4 calls. It failed for me the 1st interoffice call, then I hung up, then grabbed a line and it was ok. I have swapped phones with one that has been in for awhile. I have reset the phone (sta. 100) and reprogrammed several times. I did a power down on the system. I'm going to put in a 24-button again. the processor board is an issue 5 and the software is 2.25, next is exploratory surgery!!!

2.25? Wasn't the last FP2 release 2.23? It was a good release. Prior to updating it, have you tried my port swap suggestion yet? I think you will find that the condition will follow the station assignment. thus ruling out hardware problems. Then, if it does, as i suspect it will, swap it back again and then follow Bills suggestion for defaulting the station. Then reprogram the station.

- Dave S. -

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  EV607797, JWRacedog, MnDave, nfcphoneman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,300
Posts638,879
Members49,770
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,779 Shoretel
189,855 CTX100 install
187,981 1a2 system
Newest Members
Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D.
49,769 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 22
teleco 9
dans 7
dexman 6
Who's Online Now
1 members (JBean3329), 141 guests, and 230 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024