Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
kadrel Offline OP
OP Offline
Hey Guys,
I have a growing amount of experience with this system (Vodavi STS), and I am pretty comfortable in programming.

However, I am having issues today trying to program an attendant's Flexible keys. Actually, I can't seem to program ANY station keys.

I started in Flash 51, and anytime I attempt to program a key (any key, and I've tried on multiple stations), using BB+4+XXX Hold (for example, 244631 Hold to program Flexible Button 24 as DND), I get the Error beep, and the programming does not take.

The ONLY programming that it is accepting is to set keys as Flexible (i.e. BB+0 Hold).

After messing with this, I decided I would simply have to program at the station, via Speed Speed. However, (maybe I'm missing something), dialing Speed+Speed, pressing Button 24, and entering 631 does nothing. I didn't see any "finish" key in the manual, but I attempted the same sequence followed by Hold, On/Off and Speed again, all to no avail.

Is there a Station Programming lock, or is it not possible to override Flash 50 programming with 51 for a specific station? Or am I looking at a hardware problem?

Your speedy response is greatly appreciated - I was trying to wrap this up as part of a off-hours project, and... I'm about out of time.

Oh well, as the French say, 'C'est la vie'...

Kordel Eberly
Eberly Systems
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

are you using 4 digit extensions by chance? If so you you would need the leading digit in front of all your codes. Example if your extensions are 1100 for DND you would do BB+4+1631

kadrel Offline OP
OP Offline
Bingo... That makes sense now.

I stumbled upon a hand written note regarding programming of Stations. I was under the impression that Feature Codes were always programmed as how ever many digits they are in the manual. However, based on the note I saw, I attempted a few using the "1" in front, although I didn't know why.

So that is the rule - if you are using 4 digit extensions, than feature code entry must include a 1 before every code? Or am I over-simplifying it?

Kordel Eberly
Eberly Systems
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
The easy way to change to four-digit dialing for extensions is to use a single global leading digit. It is possible to just renumber the extension numbers individually though, just more time consuming.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
If you are using 4 digit numbering it has a leading digit could be 1, 2, 3 etc. and that will always be the leading digit of the feature codes unless it was changed manually it flash 52 programming.

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Also you can't program a button if the feature (such as DND) is not enabled on a per station basis.

www.myrandomviews
"Old phone guys never die, they just get locked in some closet with an old phone system and forgotten about"

Retired, taking photographs and hoping to fly one of my many kites.
kadrel Offline OP
OP Offline
Understood - thanks guys. I had looked into the possibility of features being disable as Derrick mentioned, but had ruled it out after examine several stations.

Also, I had tried on a test station to simply re-program already working buttons with the same codes, and it would fail - that was my main clue that I was entering programming wrong.

Leading digit it is - thanks for all the help!!

Kordel Eberly
Eberly Systems

Moderated by  EV607797, JWRacedog, MnDave, nfcphoneman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,294
Posts638,834
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,595 Shoretel
189,481 CTX100 install
187,648 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dans 5
dexman 5
Who's Online Now
1 members (Bob3470), 150 guests, and 331 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024