web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
OP Offline
We tried to upgrade the EEPROMS on a DVX+4 this morning to take it from the existing 2.1O to 4.16. As expected, none of the flex button programming or flex codes took. Does anyone remember the upgrade steps necessary in order for it to take?

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Did you use windba or hyperterminal to upload / download? I may be wrong, but I think you had to use hyperterminal for the buttons to take, but it's been a while since I had to do that on that particular system.

"I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken"
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
The admin program will not upgrade the buttons. You will have to do em all manually. Been there done that myself! The flex codes and numbering should have worked. The one time I did this I used the XTS admin 21_22 This is the one that opens to three lists of ksu versions and two windbas....1.0x is the one for the Triad system.

www.myrandomviews
"Old phone guys never die, they just get locked in some closet with an old phone system and forgotten about"

Retired, taking photographs and hoping to fly one of my many kites.
Moderator-Vodavi, Vertical, XBlue
Moderator-Vodavi, Vertical, XBlue
I recently upgraded a Triad 2 from a 1.16 to 4.16. I'd forgotten all the incremental steps so I just obtained a database print and reprogrammed the whole thing from scratch.

- Dave S. -

You can never appease your ideologue opponents.

OP Offline
Well, I downloaded the system's database into the oldest version of WINDBA that I have (the one that went from FP3 to FP4). Although I got a bunch of error messages regarding missing trunk group population, after clicking 'OK' about a dozen times, the database appeared to populate the items that mattered (buttons, LCR, etc.) when spot-checking. I'm guessing that the errors were due to the fact that trunk numbering went to three-digits once FP3 came along?

I guess that we'll try to see if this upload will work via WINDBA. I'm lucky that the customer is closed for Spring break this week, so we can tinker with it.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX

Moderated by  EV607797, JWRacedog, MnDave, nfcphoneman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,112 Shoretel
187,717 CTX100 install
186,810 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 7
pvj 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (justbill, Curlycord), 55 guests, and 432 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024