Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#220004 05/16/11 04:10 AM
City42 Offline OP
OP Offline
I have a 2 port Talkpath on a Mach 1.
The MWI doesn't always work. Seems like I reboot it and it works for a while.
What it is doing now is as soon as you complete leaving a message, It gives me a loud burst of static before you hear the canned voice giving me options again.
for example dialing 450, entering a mailbox, leaving a message, # to send it, STATIC then whatever she says(?) to leave a message please enter a mailbox.
I tried using different ports off the mach 1 and they do it as well. I did a backup2, reinitialized it, loaded my backup2 onto it again and it still has problems. I did not try anything testing wise while it was in that intialized state. Which I should have, I know. I'm wondering if the problems I'm having with this jump out to anyone. It has been working for years though.
The talkpath is version 3.02.
The other odd thing is when I look at phone config in the Talkpath, my only options are 920, 930 and 940. The Mach 1 manual says it should be 903, if I do it through the phone it tells me 903 is not a valid option. I did bring another 2 port with me but that didn't have 903 either, although it did have a couple more options than the first one. I have it set to 930 right now.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#220005 05/16/11 05:05 AM
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
I suspect 903 is a typo. Even if it wasn't, having the wrong config would not produce any static, it would not allow message retrieval or some other problem. It could be a bad port on the voice mail bacause after a reboot it works for awhile. It could also mean the hard drive is haveing problems. I would consider doing a defrag after hours and see if any errors show up.

www.myrandomviews
"Old phone guys never die, they just get locked in some closet with an old phone system and forgotten about"

Retired, taking photographs and hoping to fly one of my many kites.
#220006 05/16/11 09:42 AM
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
All that the system code on the digital Talkpath does is to pre-configure the system for the appropriate number of mailboxes. All other parameters are the same, regardless of the system.

I've heard the static myself, in fact I believe that it occurs fairly regularly on our own system here. I usually don't fret about it.

As for the MWI failures, that is a fairly common occurrence when using only two ports since it is easy for the second port to collide with an incoming call at the time that it goes to do the notification. I know that the ports are digital, but I'm pretty sure that they can still fail to notify if a collision occurs.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX

Moderated by  EV607797, JWRacedog, MnDave, nfcphoneman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,287
Posts638,792
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,135 Shoretel
188,990 CTX100 install
187,373 1a2 system
Newest Members
A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww, gohunt
49,766 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 6
dexman 5
dans 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (justbill), 161 guests, and 276 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024