web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
I am shopping for a new flashing light adapter for the Vodavi Starplus STS phones. I used to have a Radioshack Fone Flasher 2, but it died.

I found one that might work, I'm not sure though and don't want to buy them if they won't.
They will work if the voltage on the phone line, when it is ringing, gets above 28 volts. Anyone know the voltage on the line when it is ringing?
OR
does anyone know of a flasher that does work well?

Thanks

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
The ringing current is above 28 volts.

www.myrandomviews
"Old phone guys never die, they just get locked in some closet with an old phone system and forgotten about"

Retired, taking photographs and hoping to fly one of my many kites.
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Yep, more like 75+ volts, 30 CPS. Are you planning on using this on an SLT station port or on your CO lines?

Also, where is Victory Church? If you are in a different country, the line voltage standards may vary from US ones.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
OP Offline
thanks for the responses guys.
actually, I have gone a new direction now...
I found a new flasher, the same one that I had before (Radioshack Fone Flasher 2), but it isn't working either, just like the old one. So the old one might still be good. I don't know why they stopped working though.
I thought you just plug it in and go.

Is there some programming needed on the station to make a flasher plugged into the ADP port work?
I have looked through all of the programming manual and have found nothing on it.

I have tested a replacement phone for this station and other stations. The flashers don't work.
Ideas?

Moderator-Vodavi, Vertical, XBlue
Moderator-Vodavi, Vertical, XBlue
The ADP port is nothing more than a convenient on-board RJ11 that is wired to the dry 2nd pair of the station jack. That pair is otherwise unused.

If you want the 90VAC flasher to work, you will need to connect it to a single CO Line or to one of the two on-board single line ports and do some ring assignment programming.

- Dave S. -

You can never appease your ideologue opponents.

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Your Phone flasher is designed to work on an analoge port and the only way it will work on your STS is on one of the Single line ports like MNDAVE stated. There are two such ports on the left side of your KSU, they are stations 148 and 149. You will have to extend the wire from there to your Flasher and program them to ring. If your flasher has been working at a phone I would have a tech check for dialtone at the ADP port, then check the slt ports and programing.

Moderated by  EV607797, JWRacedog, MnDave, nfcphoneman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,279
Posts638,738
Members49,763
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,284 Shoretel
188,170 CTX100 install
187,018 1a2 system
Newest Members
gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo, highlysecptial, BPopilek
49,762 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 14
teleco 4
jc2it 4
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (OBT), 80 guests, and 67 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024