EMP - Click Here!
Phone.com 300x250
300x250 Your Business Phone Service in the Cloud
Global Test Supply
defencebyte.com
Antiransomware
vpnproxymaster
Linked Banner to your Product or Website
Turn your commission checks on autopilot with 50% RECURRING COMMISSIONS!
Flexibits
Meticore Weight Loss Voted #1.
Get leads. Get sales. Get growing with Getresponse
Get leads. Get sales. Get growing. [2]
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
cswroe Offline OP
OP Offline
We acquired a new customer some time back that has an analog pathfinder (24-port). When we acquired them, their pathfinder hard-drive was dead and we put a 12 port in skin in its place as a temporary fix. They have since acquired another company and are needing the 24 port capacity once again.

We have installed all the software and drivers, but still are unable to get the dialogic cards to be seen by the Pathfinder. The only other analog pathfinder we have was pre-build, so I have never had to deal with this (I have since gone to that site and made a full drive image after this fiasco).

If I use the Intel DVX? software, it is not able to auto detect the cards either, I am sure because it is ISA..but who know. Anyway, just looking for some guidance. Tech Support was of no help.

Global Test Supply 728x90
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
There should be a dialogic driver installation program on the PF software CD. Use it after windows detects the cards. When Windows restarts after a reboot it should detect the cards keep pressing next as it attempts to locate the drivers just press finish.

www.myrandomviews
"Old phone guys never die, they just get locked in some closet with an old phone system and forgotten about"

Retired, taking photographs and hoping to fly one of my many kites.
cswroe Offline OP
OP Offline
I think the motherboard may be messed up as well since windows never sees the cards. It has been so long since I have used anything ISA, I was not sure if they would be seen by the OS automatically or not. Will try some more tomorrow. Thanks!

Admin
Online Content
Admin
Make sure your ISA slots are set to legacy not plug and play in the BIOS.

[Linked Image]
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
I seem to remeber that the last time I built an analog PF, which was years ago, that I had to manually set the interrupts for the cards.

I have a 16 port analog PF here in my shop if there is something you need me to look for.

www.myrandomviews
"Old phone guys never die, they just get locked in some closet with an old phone system and forgotten about"

Retired, taking photographs and hoping to fly one of my many kites.
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
I have a couple of multi company systems with the inskin Pathfinder and a digital Dispatch. Cheap and easy solution for heavy traffic.

cswroe Offline OP
OP Offline
I really appreciate everyone's input. Still working with the analog and it most likely is the IRQ's, but having a tough go which is why we think the motherboard is toast. We are looking at the traffic on the current inskin and have really not noticed a heavy increase in traffic and there seems to be plenty of ports available.....although trying to convince the customer is another thing.

This place and members are great as always.

cswroe Offline OP
OP Offline
Just an update, we have been able to get everything up and running. The pathfinder files that I have always used were from the FTP site and apparently they do not contain the drivers/configurator for some of the older cards. Luckily, I found the original CD on site and use it and the 16 port dialogic card came right up in the configuration program and I manually added the additional 4 port boards, copied over the pathfinder folder and everyone is happy.

Thanks everyone!

Moderated by  EV607797, JWRacedog, MnDave, nfcphoneman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Advertising Sponsor
Popular Topics (Views)
Forum Statistics
Forums94
Topics94,431
Posts639,815
Members49,470
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Today's Birthdays
Extreme, medhat eme, Telephonyman, TonyW
Newest Members
BezLovesITAD, AndreLS, JimLafleur, EssKayKay, xmestedex
49,470 Registered Users
Get Tech Support Now! Click the banner below
Get Tech Support Now!
Top Posters (30 Days)
dexman 13
www.aweber.com
landing page builder
NordVPN
Advertising Sponsor Spot 2
EMP Shield for Commercial - Home & Vehicle
Use Coupon code SAVE - Click Here!
Who's Online Now
16 members (justbill, Yoda, JBean3329, dexman, metelcom, Curlycord, BobRobert, Skunky, NateBates, EV607797, nortelvoip, Mercenary Roadie, Daniel, RATHER BE FISHING, jeffmoss26, newtecky), 160 guests, and 91 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Telephone System Tech Support | Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers.
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2021
Trusted Partners
landing page builder Antiransomware 300x250 Your Business Phone Service in the Cloud