web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
cswroe Offline OP
OP Offline
We acquired a new customer some time back that has an analog pathfinder (24-port). When we acquired them, their pathfinder hard-drive was dead and we put a 12 port in skin in its place as a temporary fix. They have since acquired another company and are needing the 24 port capacity once again.

We have installed all the software and drivers, but still are unable to get the dialogic cards to be seen by the Pathfinder. The only other analog pathfinder we have was pre-build, so I have never had to deal with this (I have since gone to that site and made a full drive image after this fiasco).

If I use the Intel DVX? software, it is not able to auto detect the cards either, I am sure because it is ISA..but who know. Anyway, just looking for some guidance. Tech Support was of no help.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
There should be a dialogic driver installation program on the PF software CD. Use it after windows detects the cards. When Windows restarts after a reboot it should detect the cards keep pressing next as it attempts to locate the drivers just press finish.

www.myrandomviews
"Old phone guys never die, they just get locked in some closet with an old phone system and forgotten about"

Retired, taking photographs and hoping to fly one of my many kites.
cswroe Offline OP
OP Offline
I think the motherboard may be messed up as well since windows never sees the cards. It has been so long since I have used anything ISA, I was not sure if they would be seen by the OS automatically or not. Will try some more tomorrow. Thanks!

Admin
Admin
Make sure your ISA slots are set to legacy not plug and play in the BIOS.

[Linked Image]
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
I seem to remeber that the last time I built an analog PF, which was years ago, that I had to manually set the interrupts for the cards.

I have a 16 port analog PF here in my shop if there is something you need me to look for.

www.myrandomviews
"Old phone guys never die, they just get locked in some closet with an old phone system and forgotten about"

Retired, taking photographs and hoping to fly one of my many kites.
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
I have a couple of multi company systems with the inskin Pathfinder and a digital Dispatch. Cheap and easy solution for heavy traffic.

cswroe Offline OP
OP Offline
I really appreciate everyone's input. Still working with the analog and it most likely is the IRQ's, but having a tough go which is why we think the motherboard is toast. We are looking at the traffic on the current inskin and have really not noticed a heavy increase in traffic and there seems to be plenty of ports available.....although trying to convince the customer is another thing.

This place and members are great as always.

cswroe Offline OP
OP Offline
Just an update, we have been able to get everything up and running. The pathfinder files that I have always used were from the FTP site and apparently they do not contain the drivers/configurator for some of the older cards. Luckily, I found the original CD on site and use it and the 16 port dialogic card came right up in the configuration program and I manually added the additional 4 port boards, copied over the pathfinder folder and everyone is happy.

Thanks everyone!

Moderated by  EV607797, JWRacedog, MnDave, nfcphoneman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,693
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,097 Shoretel
187,703 CTX100 install
186,792 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
Who's Online Now
1 members (Curlycord), 94 guests, and 242 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024