Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#220923 12/12/11 04:00 PM
MnDave Offline OP
Moderator-Vodavi, Vertical, XBlue
OP Offline
What do you other guys do about your motor-boating hum/buzz on the old TR9015 phones when they start failing? You know, the buzz that usually starts on the HF intercom and sometimes degenerates into the speaker phone too.

We always verify the problem on-site and again on our office test system. But often it takes days or even weeks for the condition to reoccur. I only send the most chronic ones out for repair. Not only to Az**c (dirty word) but to others as well including "yours truly". They all include my note that the problem has been confirmed on 2 different system (sometimes 3) but that they may need to burn in for a week or so to confirm if any any repair was successful. Of course, no one reads my notes.

These phones often come back unrepaired with no-problem found or have the condition recur again down the road. I have returned some "repaired" 3x with no success. I currently have 10 of these bad boys burning in on my bench to find the worst of the worst. But even though several of them buzzed the first day of testing, when I unplugged them and plugged them back in again, they stopped and haven't made noise again for going on 6 days now. It's enough to drive me nuts.

- Dave S. -

You can never appease your ideologue opponents.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#220924 12/12/11 05:57 PM
We have had this complainant and have experienced the same frustrations when we sent the phone out. We finally nailed it down when we noticed that squeezing the corner where the microphone was (where that little square dimple is) that the problem would go away. We started replacing the microphone with a similar one from Mouser (Made by PUI Audio) and never a complaint again.

This is specifically addressing the issue when you call a station and they are on hands free and all you hear is that aggravating noise and not the person. The problem with the speaker may be related, but I do not recall having that particular issue.

#220925 12/13/11 01:25 AM
I have found it to be caused by dirt/ dustbunny. I take the mic out, blow out the mic and that has fixed many.

#220926 12/13/11 01:52 AM
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Its the rubber flap on the mike that makes the noise, it vibrates so a bit of electrical tape around it is all it takes to fix it or remove it altogether. You will still need a bit of tape to keep the mike in place.

www.myrandomviews
"Old phone guys never die, they just get locked in some closet with an old phone system and forgotten about"

Retired, taking photographs and hoping to fly one of my many kites.
#220927 12/13/11 02:43 PM
MnDave Offline OP
OP Offline
WOW! Totally awesome! Did each of you figure this out on your own?

- Dave S. -

You can never appease your ideologue opponents.

#220928 12/13/11 03:57 PM
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
I got the tip from Dave Greer, Vodavi's former head of technical support many years ago. At first, I didn't believe him, but he was spot-on as always.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX

Moderated by  EV607797, JWRacedog, MnDave, nfcphoneman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,418 Shoretel
189,181 CTX100 install
187,430 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
1 members (phonman123), 123 guests, and 410 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024