web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Roscoe Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks to everyone on my last problem.

My Trillium Panther 612 has had this problem for years. Every now and then, no rhyme or reason, I'll get a split second false ring on one of the lines. The light on all the phone sets will blink for a second or two and that's it......for an hour or so....then it does it again.

Any ideas???

Thanks,
Roscoe

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Allworx, Nisuko-Tie, Vodavi
Change line ports. Perhaps that particular port is bad--i.e. "sensitive" due to past over-voltage. See if the problem follows the port or the line. Do you have lightning protection on your lines?? Do you have the system on a UPS?? Phone systems are on 24-7 and can get a bit goofy after a while because of all the surges, over-voltage, spikes, brownouts, blackouts, etc that they receive every year. It would not be an extreme statement to say that you have had probably 20-30 of these incidences a year. New systems really require all of this protection right off the git go. The older systems seem more robust but after 19 years, I'm sure that those incidences have taken their toll. Good Luck

Roscoe Offline OP
OP Offline
JW,
Thanks for the reply. I still do not understand what you mean by 'ports'. Can you explain....briefly of course.

Roscoe

The term "port" just means a point of access to the system.
A "line" port, also called a "CO" port, is your incoming line from the telephone company.
Your "station" ports are your phones.
Your system has multiple ports for incoming lines from the teleco. Off the top of my head I cannot remember how many were on the Trillium.
If you are not already using all of your possible line ports, then simply move the incoming line to another line port.

------------------
Intertel Telephone Repair
Toshiba Telephone Repair

[This message has been edited by paul144 (edited December 07, 2004).]

Roscoe Offline OP
OP Offline
Paul,
Thanks....I understand now. I am using 5 out of the 6 lines. The only dead line is #5. There are three jacks plugged into the ksu where co 1 through 3 are indicated.

I guess this means I have no more ports available. How would I switch the line I have coming in on 6 to 5? Maybe that will take care of the problem??

Roscoe

Do you have 6 Line ports (jacks) on the side of your KSU? If you do---then you just take a mod plug out of one and switch it with another. For instance...Line 1 shows up on your phone as the first Line. If you switch line one and line two at the KSU---your first line button on your phone will NOW be actually the 2nd line. That's the way the lines---or the ports---can be tested. If the problem follows the line---then it's a line problem--if it stays with the port--then it's a port problem. Good Luck

Roscoe Offline OP
OP Offline
JW,
I have only three ports. Line 1-2 are in co1, line 3-4 in co2, and line 5-6 in co3.

I guess what I'd like to do is swap line 6 for line 5. Can this be done easily?

Roscoe

Just for testing purposes, all you have to do is swap the line that is giving you trouble. For instance---if it is line 3 --take the mod plug out of the 3/4 line port and swap it with the plug in the 1/2 line port or the 5/6 line port. What you're trying to do here is find out if its the port or the line. If you find out that it is, indeed, the port, then you have to do some rewiring of the mod plug--or of the surface jack (that you may or may not have) or you'll have to switch some wires on your 66 block (if that's what you have.) It's sort of hard for me to tell you what to do as far as the wiring goes, because I don't know how it is set up. But first---find out if it's a bad port, or a problem with the line.

Roscoe Offline OP
OP Offline
I'll try it over the weekend..thanks mucho...

Roscoe

Moderated by  metelcom 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,709 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 12
TDKs79 8
pvj 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Curlycord), 124 guests, and 250 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024