web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#222459 05/18/05 02:27 AM
Stavros Offline OP
OP Offline
I'm currently evaluating phone systems to replace an aging Partner II system that I currently administer. We are a manufacturer with multiple buildings and campus-wide accessibility is a key requirement for the owner of the business. I've looked at wireless options from the big names but issues of coverage, call handover, and range seem to limit effectiveness. Tadiran's Coral switches have a feature called FlexiCall that can ring a remote (cell) phone while still maintaining control of the call. The cell phone user gets CID info passed from the switch and the call can be transferred back to an internal extension if required. If the cell phone does not answer the call, it goes to the switch's voicemail not the cell provider's. Sounds like a great solution to giving mobile users uninterrupted connectivity whether they are on or off campus, but it also sounds too good to be true. Anyone familiar with this feature and/or seen it functioning in the real world? Besides cell coverage, any negatives that you can think of?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#222460 05/18/05 05:15 AM
Hello. Installed 100's of these system and Flexicall works as stated. In the latest version you can get IRSS as a feature and you will be able to turn features (on/off) (flexicall) as well from your remote phone. To work correctly you should have a PRI. From what I have seen works great. The only cell provider that is an issue is T Mobile as they seem to goto voicemail immediately if your phone is not in range OR turned off. Then you calls will be answered by voicemail on the cell.

The way this works is that the Coral, when flexicall is activated, will at this time ring one outside number (or internal), in the future will be more, at the same time the phone rings. The system dials the outside party while ringing and nails up a DTR port. This is what allows you to on your cell transfer the call like a virtual extension. Like *5 will divert it to your desk phone and *3 will do a transfer and so forth. With IRSS you can also use you cell (or other outside number) to call your phones DID and get system dial tone back like a secure DISA that reads you caller ID info (and can also prompt for a pass code as well). This allows you to use your extension remotely. Well hope that helps!

#222461 05/18/05 07:21 AM
Stavros Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks for the reply Coral Tech. I'm looking at the Coral IPX500 with the Coral uCMC messaging system. I've read some comments on the board that Tadiran voice mail is less than reliable. Any insight on what may have prompted those comments? What's you opinion of uCMC?

#222462 05/18/05 10:42 AM
Awesome 2nd generation in skin board. You will not find another system with this capability in an inskin period. I have one in shop and it's frigging unbelievable for the price. I think you are confused with the flash based boards for the K3 systems. If you are concerned about using the uCMC get the WiCMC..this is actually a repartee using the same card in a windows 2000. It's basically Win2k pc on a card. Easy to backup via network and the unified messenging is complete. If you are using Groupwise OR Lotus notes I suggest the Active Voice board.

Both Systems are from VERY reliable hardware/software companies. uCMC is ABS TAlkx and the other is of course Active Voice. Tell ya what I can bet you won't find another in-skin 24port capable 1200+ hour unified messenging out there for the price this goes for. I was hesitant on the uCMC because I wasn't used to the ABS structure (I have worked on a few in the past) But it's not bad. Considering you can manage the thing froma web browser.

#222463 05/19/05 01:43 AM
You just hit the gold mine! I'm a Sprint dealer that's avaluating the Coral. The Flexicall feature among other features make this switch stand out from all others. As mentioned you need a PRI. Do you need help finding a local dealer?

ElectSys Tech LLC
Hosted Phone Systems Solutions Provider
Allworx, Sangoma, FreePBX
Telephone & computer systems in the Jefferson City, Columbia MO area.
#222464 05/19/05 02:08 AM
Stavros Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks again, Coral Tech. I'm a little confused about Tadiran's VM offerings. Let's see, look's like there's CMC, uCMC, iCMC and CMC for Windows. Can you give me a brief idea of the differences and/or heirarchy? I've also had one proposing vendor recommend away from Tadiran voicemail and proposed a TeleData T3 solution instead. Opinion on that? Thanks for you insight on this.

#222465 05/19/05 02:13 AM
Stavros Offline OP
OP Offline
No thanks, aweaver. I've got two local guys that I'm currenlty in contact with. My challenge now that I've narrowed down the switch is to select a VM solution (see post above) and then concentrate on which installer will do the best job for me.

#222466 05/19/05 06:12 AM
No kidding. It's gets confusing even for me!

Ok,

uCMC in-skin card. win 2k up to 24 ports, no fax at this time possibly future. Supports unified messenging for Outlook and exchange. This is the ABSTalkx system.

iCMC in skin card. Uses the same card as the uCMC but runs Active Voice software written for the IPX. The in-skin card BTW doesn't support fax at this time. Also will goto 24 ports and supports Lotus Notes, Groupwise, Exchange, Outlook and they have a proprietary program called Viewmail that can run on it's own.

CMC for windows is the PC Based (external) system for the IPX..also an active Voice product. This supports Raid, tape backup, fax..you name it. It also gets VERY big.

You will have to evaluate what you want to with voicemail. To say Active Voice is unreliable, I would have to question their techs to see if they are qualified because Active Voice is the #1 PC based voicemail in the world. I guese if you want a so-so integration go with another third party vmail. But, I will stick with these as I and my customers have been thrilled with these systems.

#222467 06/02/05 06:52 AM
I have installed the ucmc voice mail and love it...inexpensive but powerfull...

Walter

#222468 06/03/05 12:52 AM
Stavros Offline OP
OP Offline
walterv,

Can you tell me about your installation? What Tadiran system? Number of sets? etc..

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  metelcom 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,100 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,800 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 140 guests, and 24 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024