web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
scamp Offline OP
OP Offline
I currently use an Avaya modular messaging system as our voicemail. I would like to bypass the avaya fax support and have the pbx redirect calls to the fax servers did's to the fax server directly. This is easy enough except that the fax server uses dtmf signaling to get the did number and the Avaya system uses gets the caller information via serial connection on the nec and the nec is set to mci in command 08 443. I really don't want to switch the avaya over to inband dtmf signaling and am trying to figure out a way to send dtmf when pilot 6063(fax server pilot) is called and to use the mci serial signaling when dialing pilot 1250(the avaya server) is this possible or is it a lost cause. The avaya can send dtmf codes and redirect faxes the problem is that it plays a recorded voice message before accepting the fax. This works except that our customers hear a voice and quickly hit stop thinking that they are not calling a fax machine. I havn't found a way to fix the users brains so am trying to eliminate the avaya system from the chain.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Mitel, NEC, Vodavi
With the 2000IPS you can have a MCI hunt group & a DTMF hunt group, this came out in the 2300 series software. Very easy to setup.

scamp Offline OP
OP Offline
can you clue me in as to what command is used to set it. I don't seem to be spotting it in the documentation.

thanks,
Scott

CM 08>443>0 lets CM 1225 set the VMS as MCI or DTMF. Hope this helps.

scamp Offline OP
OP Offline
I don't know how I passed right by it in the documentation 20 times without noticing it. Thanks for the help.

Moderated by  ttech 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,294
Posts638,834
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,614 Shoretel
189,506 CTX100 install
187,769 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dexman 5
dans 5
Who's Online Now
1 members (hbiss), 141 guests, and 342 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024