web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
miopea Offline OP
OP Offline
The following is an email that I sent to Sundance directly regarding parts for my Level II.

They have all the parts, but I had a question regarding the CPU and the voicemail cards for the unit.

The email follows:

We spoke on the phone yesterday regarding a NEC Advanced Level II system. I am looking for the following items:

Hardware:

1. 1 - Nec CPU-F V-7.06
2. 1 - Nec ESI-F 8 port n/cable
3. 1 - Nec 1 VRS-C (1)-11 voice module or 1 - Nec VRS-F-11 voice record unit

Also, I was wondering what the difference between the two units listed as 3. We were hoping to have the voicemail card and I am unsure which of those two units are required to do this. Our current system has the following slots free: IF3/OP3, IF5 & IF8. Are we able to add the units that I requested without having to upgrade to a second KSU?

Finally, we are looking at some phones and phone add-ons:

1. 1 - ETW-48 – Black (Attendant add-on)
2. 5 - NEC DTU 16D-2 Telephones (if the DTU 8D-2 is the 8-line version with digital display then I would prefer that model)

Please let me know what you have in stock and what we would fully need to upgrade the system.

--END OF EMAIL--

My question is basically the same as addressed in the email. Which of the voicemail units do I need to allow for voicemail, will that CPU card work okay and does my system have the required slots to install all the items.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Bradford Schleifer.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

the vrs-c is for the level 1 and will not work on the level 2. anything with a -c is for level 1. anything with a -f is for level 2. anything with a -u is for elite.

you can only have 1 cpu per system.

you have a free slots for the esi & vrs.

etw phones will work fine. just remember that they connect to the black/yellow (or white/orange) pair not the red/green

dtu style phones will work IF you have a certain version of software or higher (it escapes me right now what it is).

miopea Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks. Am I to assume that there is no problem swapping out an old CPU card with a new one? The battery is dead on the one I currently have and I figured that I might as well upgraded it to v7.06 (so things like DTU phones will work okay).

Before this system I had never looked at phone systems, but I've had to crash course myself after the power died and I was the only one able to attempt to reprogram it.

But basically go with the -F voicemail unit. Actually, I had one final question. I know at one point they made software to interface with the Level II. It required a card and PC software. Does that still exist anywhere and is it worth getting?

Thank you a bundle for all your help.

Brad

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by chrislebeck:
the vrs-c is for the level 1 and will not work on the level 2. anything with a -c is for level 1. anything with a -f is for level 2. anything with a -u is for elite.

you can only have 1 cpu per system.

you have a free slots for the esi & vrs.

etw phones will work fine. just remember that they connect to the black/yellow (or white/orange) pair not the red/green

dtu style phones will work IF you have a certain version of software or higher (it escapes me right now what it is).
</font>

Moderated by  ttech 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,285
Posts638,781
Members49,766
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,756 Shoretel
188,950 CTX100 install
187,190 1a2 system
Newest Members
James D., Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick
49,765 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 22
teleco 5
dexman 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 119 guests, and 183 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024