Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
zgembo Offline OP
OP Offline
Hello all,

we are having problem with our phones at the front deks (operators). Both of them are set to ring when either zero (0) is pressed or when a call is coming through.

Now the problem is that both ring out of control - sometimes it amounts to 25% of all calls in a day. The ring is slighly different then regular calls. It has one long sound and then it just hangs up. Its driving our operators crazy, because they keep picking up and it just hangs up. On the display it shows 100->[207]

I was going through the CoSession and found that Voice Port Station Numbers are 200-207. Maybe this will help sort the problem out?
Any ideas?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

voice port station numbers sounds like the voicemail.... do you have an 8 port voicemail?

pretty sure you have more than 8 ports of phone extensions if you have a 192.

when someone dials 0 does it ring on a certain button on both phones? if so do a feature then that button on both phones and let us know what it says

zgembo Offline OP
OP Offline
Yes we do have an 8 port.

It does not ring on one specific button. It rings on whatever is available when #0 is pressed.

Could it be something to do with voicemail trying to reach owner of that particular voicemail box if there are new messages in their voicemail mailbox. Does that sound right?

Let's say, I was away from my desk when my phone rang. Person left a message, but I have not checked my voicemail for a while. Maybe there is a setting/option of some kind that lets you set a phone to check for messages, and if there are any, it will call you. Voicemail will call you if there are new messages rather then other way around?

If that is the case, have the users turn off notification for their phones.

You can talk about us, but you can't talk without us.

[Linked Image from i14.photobucket.com]
the 1st notification in EACH mailbox (if you turn it on as it's off by default) will call your phone with each new message

need cosessions to view it. or just log into that mailbox and turn it off. it's a per mailbox setting

Moderated by  ttech 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,283
Posts638,767
Members49,764
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,453 Shoretel
188,305 CTX100 install
187,083 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 7
dexman 4
jc2it 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (aweaver), 170 guests, and 299 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024