web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
dridge Offline OP
OP Offline
Hope someone can help. Installed an IPK2 with a VMP-U40 VOIP card. Programmed card as Meggaco MG16. Using dTerm 32-button phones with IP-R adapters. Have switch in main office with 3 satelite sites. Using IP phones at the 3 sites. Phones at each site can call the main office and vise versa with no trouble. Phones at each site can call a phone at the same site with no problem. Phone at one site can call the DID line at another site or call the auto attendant and be transferred to another site with no problem. Trouble is when a phone at site 1 calls the three digit extention of a phone at another site phone says calling and the DSS button for both phones lite up. The phone at the other end rings and says Calling from The extention. When the phone answers both phones say talking but their is no audio on either phone. Only happens when one remote site calls another. I am totally stumped.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

I had something vaguely similar on my IPS 2000. So here is what was my problem:
I had a managed switch on the IP network, that, after a lightning storm, went back to its factory default settings, and thus its IP address conflicted (became the same as) with the IP address of another router on the network. From there on, there was no audio path from my IP phones on the remote site, back to the switch.

After correcting the IP address, the problem was solved.

I understand you have a different system, and somewhat different manifestations, but it might be a good start to look at IP settings of different nodes on your network.
I hope this helps.

Moderated by  ttech 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,423 Shoretel
189,186 CTX100 install
187,437 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (justbill), 109 guests, and 432 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024