web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Hello once again Board.

I am having a small issue with my IPK II unit not being able to make international calls. When this system was installed our tech tested this and it worked (speed dial and manual dial). But now that we have done several upgrades it will not let use dial to our International office. Would any one know where to check and change this setting?

The reason that I do not understand this issue (and believe it is not with the IPK II) is this, we do not get any kind of tone or any thing for the IPK II but we get the standard recording from the telephone company saying
“Your international call can not be completed, please check your number and dial it again”.
But when I come back to “the IPK I” that has the POTS coming into it, it will let me dial out. Is this a known issue for the IPK II when connected to POTS lines through VoIP to an IPK I unit?
:confused:

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

You need to find out what changed after the upgrades. Why haven't you called the NEC tech back to trouble shoot this problem?

We get old too soon, smart too late
OP Offline
We have... they are a little stumped too... as they came downloaded a new back up, compared it with the old back up and can not find any changes. I came here hoping that some one else might have had a similar problem.

Does your Phone line provider have changed the line setup? you should call them, and did you put some Toll restriction?

MontrealTek, Telecommunication Technician
OP Offline
the only toll restrictions we have are on 900 & 1900 numbers... I am able to call international from the IPK I side that has the POTS lines. The IPK II is CCIS over to the IPK I.

It sounds like you are trying to access the IPK I thru a VOIP box, from the IPK II & then attempt the international call? If so...why?

Was this one of the "upgrades"?

If toll restriction was implemented on either system, you should get a "busy" signal...

Just a little more info, please...

www.phonelinetech.com

"Can I Still Call Out?"
OP Offline
Hey IPK II,

This is how are phone system is set up…

At are main facility we have the IPK I with two IAD cards. Also the operator runs the system from this side and this is where the POT lines come in for are company (I also reside at this location). This system is also running the most current firmware release.

Are seconded facility is linked via privet WiFi for data, and of cores phones.

At facility 2 is where the IPK II sits, this system is running the most current firmware release. For it to link to the IPK I we have one PVA card that CCIS VoIP to the IPK I (as there is no POT lines at this facility).

Now here is a VERY quick sum up of the known problem that has been found.

When using speed dial to dial our office in London on the IPK II side it will dial the number twice, will also do this dialing manually too, But this does not happen if we dial from the IPK I side. The installer of are phone system and the people they dealt with at NEC are stump on this one.

I do know this is an odd set up… But the IPK I was installed first. Then two years later we bought the new building for more room, and that is when the IPK II came into play.

Also when i said "upgrades" i was talking about the firmware upgrades to the IPK II

Thats it

OP Offline
i did for get to say... yes we do have some toll restricions on are system the only ones we have in place are to stop people from dialing 900 numbers

OP Offline
This issue is on its way to being fixed...

NEC has been able to duplicate our issue and is in the works of writing a software patch.

Moderated by  ttech 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,297
Posts638,867
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,673 Shoretel
189,631 CTX100 install
187,865 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dans 6
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
3 members (KRRath, Toner, justbill), 155 guests, and 271 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024