Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Extreme Offline OP
OP Offline
Hello All,
I've been messing around with this for an hour or so and can't figure it out. I've also tried searching the forum and found some information, but it didn't help.

I'm trying to set an extension to forward all calls to a cell phone.

When I set E600, it works fine for other internal callers, but external callers keep looping through our opening greeting. (I.E. Opening Greeting -> caller enters extension -> Opening Greeting)

When I set Call forward on busy/no answer, it also works fine as well as long as the line is not busy.

Another thread indicated that the voice mail server wasn't set to release the line, but ours is (NEC AD-40).

Does anyone have any thoughts?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

maybe your voicemail ports are not able to access outside lines?????

I'm confused on the call progress that you want. Is it:

Incoming --> Phantom/Virtual --> external

or

Incoming --> phantom --> VM box of phantom --> external

If it's the first one, the AD-40 doesn't matter; it isn't involved. Make sure that the extension is allwoed to make local calls and that the system is permitted to transfer externally (see the Feature Programming Manual).

If it's the second one, make sure that you have a mailbox for the phantom, and make sure that it intergrates the same way as the others. You may need to set an option which sends the CID info of the forwarding extension vice the CID info of the incoming line (somewhere in CM 08).

Put a DTerm on the VM port and call in on the phantom. See what shows in the display of the Dterm -- it should be the name and ext. associated with the phantom.

You need to check 1526, 1527, 1528, 1529. If these are not set correctly you will get exactly what you are saying. If they are correct follow what telephoneguy says and hook a phone up in place of one of your voicemail ports and test to see what the display shows.

Extreme Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally posted by telephoneguy:
I'm confused on the call progress that you want. Is it:

Incoming --> Phantom/Virtual --> external

or

Incoming --> phantom --> VM box of phantom --> external

If it's the first one, the AD-40 doesn't matter; it isn't involved. Make sure that the extension is allwoed to make local calls and that the system is permitted to transfer externally (see the Feature Programming Manual).

If it's the second one, make sure that you have a mailbox for the phantom, and make sure that it intergrates the same way as the others. You may need to set an option which sends the CID info of the forwarding extension vice the CID info of the incoming line (somewhere in CM 08).

Put a DTerm on the VM port and call in on the phantom. See what shows in the display of the Dterm -- it should be the name and ext. associated with the phantom.
We do not have DID's, so the process is:
Incoming --> Opening Greeting (AD-40) --> Caller enters Extension --> Call released to PBX --> PBX CFA feature is set to 9,772NPAXXXX --> External

Under normal circumstances it is as follows:
Incoming --> Opening Greeting (AD-40) --> Caller enters Extension --> Call released to PBX --> PBX Call forwarding Busy/No Answer feature is set to 250 (Pilot # for Voicemail server) --> Internal Extention Rings 4 times or is busy --> AD-40 Voicemail Box

What seems to be happening is that the AD-40 is not releasing the call to the PBX even though this is how the configuration is set.

I've checked 1526-1529 for Service Restriction A class 15 (This is what the extension is configured for) and it is set to 1 - allow for all entries.

I'm unsure how to test what the display shows since the call should not be on the AD-40 when it is released to the PBX?

Make sure you have CO to CO connection Enabled and AD-40 is not set up for Superwised Transfer. has to be Release transfer. Take a look on Transfer option for that CFA extension.

If you do not have DIDs the odds are that trunk to trunk connection is restricted in the PABX so the connection will never be established. PSTN lines do not give a cleardown signal so if the pabx connected two to each other they would simply lock up for ever (or at least until someone manually cleared them down). Just not possible really.

Extreme Offline OP
OP Offline
Sorry for the delayed reply. We eventually had a tech visit the site who stated we needed to update our software as this is apparently a bug in the earlier versions.

He also mentioned that the software upgrade would require a new CPU.

With the total costs going around 7K we decided against that option.

that is not a cheap upgrade... OUCH!!!!!

Moderator-Mitel, NEC, Vodavi
Moderator-Mitel, NEC, Vodavi
A bug...I doubt it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  ttech 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,294
Posts638,834
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,612 Shoretel
189,499 CTX100 install
187,752 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dans 5
dexman 5
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 228 guests, and 356 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024