web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
I have three buildings and three IPK boxes. I want to hook them all together so that we can intercom and transfer and act like we are all in one building, seeing each others status on the Quick Touch buttons. I want all three locations to have shared access to CO lines. I want all three locations to share the same voice mail card.

I've been told to get a PRI card for each box and Point-2-Point T1 lines to connect our buildings. But a T1 line seems like antiquated technology when I have '5MB DownLoad/1.5MB UpLoad' fiber for my internet connection. Is there a better, cheaper, faster way to connect these boxes?

Rather than going T1 with "channels" and "MPLS" or something like that... can't I just do some port forwarding on a router, and get some card to plug them into the network, and give them the ip addresses of the other two boxes? Or are these systems not that smart? Thanks.

-- Drew in SE Pennsylvania --

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

KLD Offline
welcome to the BB.

I am not an IPK, or network, engineer, but it sounds like you have been talking to a network CG. Sounds easy, just assign an IP address and away you go. Sorry, telephony is a bit more complicated than just "jumping into the Internet cloud" and then "just popping out" at the other end.

If you will look at the "Installers" tab at the top of the page you should find a qualified installer or contact your original installer to address your wants and desires.

Good Luck.

Ken
---------
You've been given a quote on connecting 3 separate systems to function as one. The installing dealer is planning on using KCCIS to link all three systems to function as you have described.

Depending on how many phones will be at the outlying sites, you may be able to install a PVA card for each site and use IP phones at each site instead of using 3 separate KSU's.

The IPK has a maximum of 120 ports (including virtuals), while the IPK II has a maximum of 256 ports (not including 256 virtuals).

** I would suggest upgrading your main site to an IPK II and running IP phones at your remote sites via 2 PVA cards.

D

If the 3 systems he is talking about are the IPK and not the IPK II, the PVA card will not work, they would need the IAD, if the decide to go VoIP on the 2 locations

We get old too soon, smart too late
PVA cards will work in an IPK as long as it has the proper firmware loaded on it.

Pat Austin
Teleco Inc.
Product Manager/Sales Engineer
Adtran ATSP
TCTE/CTP Certified

Teleco Homepage
OP Offline
All that paperwork that I have, short of the actual install receipts, say that the two boxes we currently have are IPK I's expandable to 144 ports. I don't think we've discussed going up to the IPK II at the new facility or not.

++ Youth Office = 16 extentions
++ New CLC building = at least 16 to start, might go up to 48 inhouse phones
++ Old NLPC building = dropping down to 6 extentions for now... one cable modem into that facility.

I will have a master phone on my desk with quick touch buttons for every single extention that we own. With the IP phones, will I have a realtime "are they on the phone" light for their quick touch button?

Here is info from the quote he sent me for networking two site...
Networking 2 sites
(2) PVA(X)-U10 Cards
(1) CPUI R4700 Upgrade Kit

Setting up the PRI connection at one location
(1) PKU 192-2U Upgrade
(1) PRI(1)-U20 PRI Card
(1) CLK6-U10 Clock Card
**Networking requires T1 connectivity between locations**

But I guess what I don't get is, what is the difference between a point to point T1 making the connection where the Telco and the lines create the link between the two boxes with some kind of a box on each end doing load ballencing between voice and data... and using fancy routers and a VPN like thing between two IP addresses to accomplish the same link.

Originally posted by p2ii:
PVA cards will work in an IPK as long as it has the proper firmware loaded on it.
Tell me more.. As far as I know the IPK1 system hardware will only recognize the old IAD card which is now out of production..

Regards,

Paul W
Now back to a 0 day week. Love these 7 day weekends.
They don't even make the IAD cards anymore do they?

PVA only.

D

If thats the case with the PVA card working in the IPK I have learned something new.

Thanks
Dan S

We get old too soon, smart too late
Just like the IAD cards where you load the firmware for whatever application you are using. Basically, the same is done on the PVA card.

Pat Austin
Teleco Inc.
Product Manager/Sales Engineer
Adtran ATSP
TCTE/CTP Certified

Teleco Homepage
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  ttech 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,709 CTX100 install
186,795 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 12
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Toner), 154 guests, and 244 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024