web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
mixedup Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi,

I'm searching for the most inexpensive phone system for residential that can support point-to-multipoint PAGING/INTERCOM as part of the system (and having a hard time finding the anwser). Any advice/leads on a system that:

* Paging
- Can act as an internal paging/intercom system (as well as phone system) - i.e. push a single button and speak and you are heard on the speakers of each of the other phones
- A means of putting a unit on "silent" mode so pages are not heard (e.g. in bedroom)
* Points - Up to 4 or 5 points in the house (i.e. number of handsets), only one external incoming phone line
* Fixed or Cordless (slight preference for cordless, however if cordless would be good to have the paging support in the base that the cordless phone plugs into, to avoid the issue of phones that aren't where they should be)
* No real need for any fancy features such as intelligent call direction, voice mail etc - perhaps just the ability to, if one takes a call at handset A, ability to still page to all outer units to ask person B to pick up at another point

Thanks

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
How inexpensive are you talking about?

Avaya SMB Authorized Business Partner. ACIS/APSS
ESI Certified Reseller/Installer
www.regal-comm.com
Moderator-Nortel, Computers, General
Moderator-Nortel, Computers, General
Originally posted by mixedup:
...the most inexpensive phone system...
USED and dirty, just about any brand.

You get what you pay for.

Scientists say that the universe is made up of Protons, Neutron & Electrons. They forgot "Morons".
Dave. (CTUB) Canadian Techs Use Bix!
mixedup Offline OP
OP Offline
@mdaniel - no particular price

Actually I think I have see something coming out in April that may actually satisfy my requirements - this may give an example re the PTT paging support:

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rel...t-60-cordless-phone-system-82589027.html

A cordless phone for $19.95? Four cordless phone system for $89.95? Give it a try.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
mixedup Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally posted by hbiss:
A cordless phone for $19.95? Four cordless phone system for $89.95? Give it a try.

-Hal
thanks - Already got cordless phone with point-to-point calling - but this doesn't meet my requirements

Admin
Admin
I think you will have a hard time finding a system that will do single touch paging is cordless and inexpensive.

Merritt

Business Telephones & Equipment + Commercial Audio/Video Products
Commercial Communications . . . Turner, Maine
If it was built after 1980 don't expect it to work right.
Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
mixedup,
Most any brand of small key phone systems will do what you are looking for.
If money is a big issue, you may want to look at getting a used or refurbed system.

www.regal-comm.com
mixedup Offline OP
OP Offline
@metelcom - I think you're right smile Up until today the only thing I could identify was a Panasonic KX-TDA Hybrid IP-PBX for Small Business [Model No: KX-TDA30AL]. But now I see there is the Vtech LS6325 coming out in April that should bring an alternative down to a residential (non-office/business) level hopefully.

@mdaniel - What brand/model did you have in mind Michael. I haven't been able to find anything that exists right now in the consumer/residential range that has the PTT with the voice coming out of speaker phones at every other handset?

Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
I would really need to know what your budget is for this project before I can made a recommendation.

www.regal-comm.com
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,707 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (Toner, Touch Tone Tommy), 124 guests, and 241 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024