Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
h00ch Offline OP
OP Offline
I've been asked by a friend of mine to help her sell this phone system she got out of a store she was cleaning out to get ready for the next tenant. The previous tenant screwed her out of a lot of money and left this and a bunch of other stuff behind, so I'm trying to help her re-coup some of the money by selling his stuff. Anyways, I've seen ads on eBay, kijiji etc and it seems I can maybe get her around a $1,000 or so for all this stuff, but I'd like to familiarize myself with what's actually here before placing an ad anywhere. We have an NEC Electra Elite 48 phone system with 4 cards inside of it, 2 NEC 8-line corded phones and 5 NEC 16-line corded phones and a bunch of manuals. I have it all here so I can provide more details. TIA for any help!

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Your estimate is about right for that size of system.

The only thing that would get you a little more for it is if there is a voicemail card installed in the system and it is functioning.

The voicemail card is typically installed in slot 07 and has an orange or yellow tag hanging from it.

If the VM card is installed you could expect to get up to 50% more than your original estimate.

D

h00ch Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks very much for the reply D.

Yes, it looks like I do indeed have one of those cards. It has a 64MB compact flash card in it.

h00ch Offline OP
OP Offline
Here's a silly question... where does the incoming/outgoing phone lines plug into in this box? I only see a single phone jack on the main board inside, on the bottom of the unit.

arc Offline
They go into what looks like a parallel printer connector. The jack is probably the serial port.

The RJ11 on the main board is for powerfail. The station and trunk connectors are via two 25 pair "champ" connectors called Amp 1 (Slots 1,3,4) and Amp 2 Slots 5,6,7).

The ones that look like printer connectors are 25 wire serial ports. The top one is for system programming and the botton for Call detail recording (SMDR)

Regards,

Paul W
Now back to a 0 day week. Love these 7 day weekends.
arc Offline
Here is a good article on the "champ" connector. It goes by many names including Centronics, SCSI-1, Amphenol, Delta ribbon, Micro ribbon and 25-pair, according to this article.

These connectors can come with wire bales or built-in screws, but they are the same connector. They are sometimes also held in place by a velcro strap, metal bracket or plastic clip. Sometimes they will be secured by tie-wrap.

SCSI-1 cables can be used as telco cables. You can also cut one in half and punch it down to a 66-block.

arc Offline
Yesterday I used an old SCSI-1 M/M cable to connect a phone system to a pre-wired 66 block. It worked fine. The only problem is that the SCSI-1 cable has a straight-on connector instead of a right-angle connector. This prevents the velcro hold-down strap on the 66 block from working quite right. Also I could not put the cover back on the PBX. But functionally it worked and the phone system is up and running again.

On the other hand I want to take back saying you can cut one in half and punch it down. I don't think this will work because it is stranded wire not solid wire.

h00ch Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks very much for all the help. What are the 3 cards in slots 1, 2 & 3? Is there a code on them that I can post here to help identify them?

Card slot 1 is on the first 8 digital ports on the mother board. Slot 2 is for the MIFM maintenance card and slot 3 is the second peripheral card slot that appears as pairs 9 to 16 on the first Champ connector..

Regards,

Paul W
Now back to a 0 day week. Love these 7 day weekends.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  ttech 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,397 Shoretel
189,124 CTX100 install
187,421 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 130 guests, and 445 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024