Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
h00ch Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally posted by arc:
Yesterday I used an old SCSI-1 M/M cable to connect a phone system to a pre-wired 66 block. It worked fine. The only problem is that the SCSI-1 cable has a straight-on connector instead of a right-angle connector. This prevents the velcro hold-down strap on the 66 block from working quite right. Also I could not put the cover back on the PBX. But functionally it worked and the phone system is up and running again.

On the other hand I want to take back saying you can cut one in half and punch it down. I don't think this will work because it is stranded wire not solid wire.
If using a standard SCSI-1 cable to connect to the AMP-1 connector I assume you'd have to cut off 1 of the SCSI connectors at the end of the cable going to the block? If so, how would you know which wires in the cable go where? Are they colour-coded or would you have to test each one with a meter?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Your better off using Standard Amphenol Cable. In the Installation book that is what is called for. The First 8 Port's are on the Mother Board( Slot 1)Also Along the Edge of the Board there will be Letter's Like ESI and COI, this will tell you what kind of card's you have.

"The Only Stupid Question, Is the Question Thats not Asked."
h00ch Offline OP
OP Offline
Could you please post a link to exactly the cable that is required and what else would be needed to plug the phone lines into? All I have is the NEC box, phones, wire block with a bunch of loose wires and the phone lines for each phone. Seems I'm missing a few of the "between" parts. I'm in Ontario, Canada, so if you know of a Canadian source for this, I'd appreciate it.

In Your first Post you said that you Were Looking for Information on the System To Sell it. Are You going to Install It?

"The Only Stupid Question, Is the Question Thats not Asked."
h00ch Offline OP
OP Offline
I don't plan on installing it, but I've lost 2 sales because the potential buyer said the cables were missing and they didn't know where to get them.

Moderator-Mitel, NEC, Vodavi
Moderator-Mitel, NEC, Vodavi
Any good phone tech has about 10 of these in his truck. Usually different sizes/sex & lengths. Not hard to find at all. Check Grey Bar or equivalent.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  ttech 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,306
Posts638,894
Members49,771
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,988 Shoretel
190,166 CTX100 install
188,349 1a2 system
Newest Members
Mansour, Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks
49,770 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 17
teleco 6
dexman 6
dans 5
jsaad 5
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 63 guests, and 33 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024