web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
My customer has 5 of these phones that are having display issues. I'm not an NEC person, but is there anyone who can check the warranty status if I give you the serial numbers? Also, reading some of the prior threads, they may be replaced warranty or not. Is this true?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

NEC had a run of Aspire phones from a couple of years ago that had display failures involving loss of lines on the LCDs. I have one customer site where over a 12 month period, every single phone on the site had to be replaced (all 26 of them). No other Aspire systems I installed have had a problem like that.

I know it is an acknowledged issue, as NEC set up a special advance replacement policy for those phones. The dealer has to do that however - so if you aren't the one who sold the phone system, you won't get them replaced.

The warranty period is 3 years from date of installation, unless the dealer sold the special 5 year warranty that has been offered as a promotion form time to time.

OP Offline
Thanks for the info. I contacted NEC and explained the situation; customer hates the company that sold it, blah blah. They told me I could go thru a buddy of mine who is an Aspire dealer and use his # to get them replaced, warranty or not. Customer was very happy to hear that and is now giving me a big pc sale! Gotta luv it!

I have a customer from last year with this problem on a handful of phones and I have other customers with IPKs and IPK-IIs that have the same problem.

We deal the Aspire/UX5000 line, so I know the replacement program is in place on the Aspire phones. Don't know how they handle the IPK stuff.

We removed an almost new IPK system from a customer site about a year ago (new owners, needed bigger system) and I noticed that at least half of the 20 or so phones on that system had the same type of problem. Didn't do anything about that though, and the phones are just sitting in a box somewhere............

I Have done both IPK/IPK II and Aspire/UX5000 and both systems have had a problem with bad displays on their respective phones a one time or another. I gather the reason for this is they are basically the same phone and probably made in the same factory. IPK II was just NEAX forklifting the Aspire architecture into the IPK platform. UX and SV are even closer (same hardware different software) I haven't seen any bad lots of phones on the UX since it came out but they have had the same problem on the DSX phones lately... bad displays..

"If I can't fix it, I'll fix it so that no one else can"

Moderated by  ttech 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,294
Posts638,834
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,625 Shoretel
189,515 CTX100 install
187,772 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 24
teleco 9
dans 5
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 141 guests, and 320 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024