web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
KEY TEL Offline OP
OP Offline
I'm helping out a friend who installed a DSX 160. His health is failing and he asked me to look after this customer for him. I know systems, but not NEC, and have two questions.

I've got a bad SLIU board, and wonder if it is worth repairing it. Any feedback?

The customer wants to come out of Auto attendant (with a dial "0") to two different sets, one of which is the current operator. Documentation says Group Ring will not work for operator, (and it doesnt). Any ideas?

Bill

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

SLIU may still be in warranty. NEC DSX parts carry 2 year warranty. The distributor that sold the DSX to your friend should be able to help with the warranty.

Ring groups will work with dial "0" option. In 4231-10 (Dial table data for "0"); set to 2 = UTRF, press HOLD, enter 600.

Then for the two stations you want to ring: in 2113-02 enter ring group "1" (which is 600).

"I didn't do it, and I won't do it again"
KEY TEL Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks!!
I'll start looking at the Ring Group advice...

RE the board - It was fried by lightening.
The system went in with no protection and some stations cabled "building to building" across a metal roof...OOPS.

KEY TEL Offline OP
OP Offline
This is where I ran into trouble earlier this week. The documentation says, "System Operators will not ring for Ring Group calls."

I added the current operator, and the second station to the ring group. I used 4321 to send calls to 600. When the second station was the second operator (1502-02) it would not ring. If I removed it as the second operator, it would ring.

Weird

If warranty does not cover lightning strikes, insurance should.

KEY TEL Offline OP
OP Offline
Yes, I suggested that to this customer...I just hate to throw away a board if it can be repaired for a reasonable fraction of it's cost new.

Green living!!

In 1501 set the number of Operators to 0 - this will let you put the main phone into a ring group. Alternately, you can send dial 0 to the operator's extension and place a call cover key for that extension on the second phone.

"I'm the one that has to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life, the way I want to."
-- Jimi Hendrix

Moderated by  ttech 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,695
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,707 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
pvj 4
Who's Online Now
4 members (Toner, curtonpond, Curlycord, Professor Shadow), 90 guests, and 241 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024