web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
i just had the service provider bring a fourth line to my building. i was already connected in the system for CO LINE 4. i am looking for the feature code sequence to program my phones to light up and receive phone calls on my line 4. i really need help with this one. i am new to phone programming.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Did the telco punch the new line onto the NEC system block? IF so, did they terminate it on CO-4?

By default, on a Pro I, once it's punched down to the system it should work. Only programming that should be required is line ringing, and "Dial 9" trunk group.

"I didn't do it, and I won't do it again"
OP Offline
thanks for the reply, how do i activate the line ringing for that CO 4 Line? also what is the "dial 9" promp? what feature codes do i need to enter?

What do You get when you press Line 4? Also, how do You Know Your System was already set up, for Line 4?

"The Only Stupid Question, Is the Question Thats not Asked."
OP Offline
when i press line 4 i get "ERROR". the system is terminated for a 4th line, just never had a house pair brought in. so i guess all in all i am not sure that it was set up back in the day for a fourth line. any help getting this fourth line to light up and ring under the CO4 title would be appreciated.

Well, Before Programming the System for Line 4, You must be Sure that Line is Going into the System. There Should be a 25pr. Tail that is punched down on a 66 block and Labled CO.1-6 and Station 10-21 or Port01-16 (somthing Like That). On that Tail is where you take the Line into the System.

Rickman,

On a ProI there is no 25pr for C.O. lines, they connect directly to the processor boards.

Scott

OP Offline
correct, i have my 4 lines going directly into the processor board. they come out of the board to the 66 block, then i have my station cables going to the block. that part is all wired correctly. the issue is the house newest house line i had added to the building i cannot get it to read on my CO 4. everything else works perectly except for that last line to be programmed on the phone.

My Bad Scott, Its been awile, The lines plug into The COI-4 Card.

Do you have a Butt set Mb16?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  ttech 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,294
Posts638,834
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,613 Shoretel
189,501 CTX100 install
187,758 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dexman 5
dans 5
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 189 guests, and 338 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024