web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
junkbox Offline OP
OP Offline
Installer cut over the new 8100 to replace our IPKII. Sweet. We have another 8100 in Colorado that Doghart installed, and I pop into that switch from time to time for minor changes, manage queues, building tboxes and users in UM.

With this one, from the time between the IPKII backup and the cutover I had done alot of programming in the way of new DiD translations, new Tboxes, added a couple queues, etc. (the delay was due to the aforementioned bad batch of CF cards, we had to wait on a RMA)
So when the new switch got cut over it was kinda cool to go back and recreate those in a new switch and see the subtle differences. All in all the Web interface is not all that different than the IPKII version, alot of the same program numbers etc. The big difference of course being that I don't have to use OS2 to manage voicemail. That UM8000 web interface takes a little getting used to, everything's there...it's just not all in your face like EliteMail. Good and bad I suppose, when you're used to F5/F6 and PageUP/PageDown, it's 'hard' to start clicking.

enough on that, you guys install these all the time, they are nice little switches though.

So my question on this has to do with the Transaction Boxes, on my IPKII I could make the changes I needed then dial the virtual from any station to 'test' it. That doesn't work on this switch (perhaps by design) meaning I have test those boxes from the outside, not by virtual just hard dialing DID and letting the programming do it's deal.

Real PITA, making a subtle change then having to dial from my cell. I'm probably missing something simple, or maybe it's not possible.

Also, thanks Doghart for the heads up on the Desktop Suite, That was a pretty painless install and it works great, except now the boss is going to make everyone use it :scratch: . FYI they did have the 3.6.2 on NTAC, so they must have updated, i didn't use the FTP version and all seems well.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

What Voicemail do you have in the 8100?

A UM8000 or a VM8000 (why are the part numbers so similar???)

D

Also, I am beta testing a newer version of DESKTOP for thew 8100 with Red Pheonix.

Issues we are having so far with 3.6.2:

1. cannot click on "complete call" when transferring to a station that is set for intercom ring.

2. when adding users to the shared services server, some users cannot be added to the BLF tabs

Some other small issues that seem to vary.

Keep in mind these same issues are happening at 4 sites, but I have about 20 other sites using DESKTOP that work fine... ain't troubleshooting software a bitch?

D

junkbox Offline OP
OP Offline
it's a UM8000. Same as our other office (which I'm in from home building queues for two new properties)
Maybe I'm just missing something dialing virutals from the inside.

Issue 1 doesn't apply to our situation, and I haven't run across issue 2, knock wood.

That's cool you're testing that, I love beta testing. You get a real grasp for the software. I'm currently testing a CMS package, and two online games. I tested the Cable Internet Service for the cable company as well for about 8 months before they rolled it out in the area. Practical upshot, I was paying $1 a month for high speed when the rest of the valley had to use dial up. It was cool too to find holes in their network.

Do let me know what you find in the way of bugs/known issues in 3.6.2 and I'll let you know if run into anything as well. And let me know when a stable release of the new version is out.

thanks again.

I'll be out at that site most of the day tomorrow.

Email me if you have any setup questions on the Desktop utility (setting up tabs for BLF's adding BLF's etc...).

D

junkbox Offline OP
OP Offline
Doghart, any word on if my initial question is a bug as we had discussed?

---
"So my question on this has to do with the Transaction Boxes, on my IPKII I could make the changes I needed then dial the virtual from any station to 'test' it. That doesn't work on this switch (perhaps by design) meaning I have test those boxes from the outside, not by virtual just hard dialing DID and letting the programming do it's deal. "
---

You had said you ran into it as well, where in when dialed internally tboxes always play the "internal greeting". I was setting up boxes today and it was a nightmare.

Yes this appears to be an issue with SV8100 4.0 and higher with UM8000.

When an internal call calls into a Tbox, they get the Tbox owner's greeting and not the Tbox greeting.

Transferred CO calls get the correct greeting.

D

Moderated by  ttech 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,693
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,703 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
jc2it 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (BobRobert, Curlycord), 115 guests, and 243 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024