web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#245959 02/11/11 04:03 PM
OP Offline
I have started working for a customer that laid off all their personnel that knew any of the sys admin passwords to get into the voicemail.

could someone send me a factory login/password if one exists for the Elitemail LX to mobiletrainer1 at gmail.com

or can you post instructions on how to perform a factory reset?

After some detective work I have the IP address for the Elitemail LX but no passwords. Can't get passed the webadmin screen. I used Putty to telnet in to the IP address but ran into the login also. I have not tried the DB9 connector, as I figured I would still need the password.

I'd like to change the IP address to match the present network settings, but the maintenance mode alludes me due to the same password issue.

thanks for your help,

Terry

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#245960 02/14/11 01:36 AM
You are going to require a NEC tech and have them get a specific file off the unit to get to support to have the admin password located. If I am not mistaken, this information can not be posted openly on the forum.

#245961 02/14/11 08:25 AM
Originally posted by oldfashioned:
You are going to require a NEC tech and have them get a specific file off the unit to get to support to have the admin password located. If I am not mistaken, this information can not be posted openly on the forum.
I'm not even sure if this is possible with the LX mails like it was with the DOS ones but it's worth a try..

Regards,

Paul W
Now back to a 0 day week. Love these 7 day weekends.
#245962 02/18/11 12:13 PM
I think that if you can get the file, they can get the P/W.

#245963 02/18/11 11:04 PM
The Elite Mail LXwas a fairly easy voicemail to get the passwords from AVST (Former Active Voice Employees) can get into the Elite Mail LX to get passwords I have had to do it a couple of times when we took over accounts that we did not install. The cool part about the LX series up to that point was they still had the older OS2 based voicemail installed on them they just ported it to run on Linux instead of OS2. You can shutdown the Gui Screens of the voicemail go out to Linux and run the older OS2 screens, and everything looks and works just like it did in the older AD40's and Elite Mails. I've been known to start the old screens then have one of our new techs come to help and watch them freak out when they see the old screens knowing that it was a new Linux based voicemail.

Moderated by  ttech 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,298
Posts638,870
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,710 Shoretel
189,752 CTX100 install
187,917 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 27
teleco 9
dans 6
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (dumanbyy), 156 guests, and 334 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024