web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Weird problem: I have two stations, one digital one analog, which both have stutter dialtone when going off hook. This is definitely coming from the PBX, not telco. Neither has messages in their vmail, and I've checked the MW for station to station messaging; nothing there and I've used the MW Cancel feature code just in case. Does anyone know of any reason/feature that would issue stutter dial tone, if it isn't message related?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Not sure what NEC system you have, but try going off hook and dialing 873

St Petersburg
Check CM48 on call forwarding and DND

cancel that......didn't see it was a 2000....my bad

St Petersburg
Stutter dial tone used to be a substitute for a flashing message lamp. Check the option for message light -- off the top of my head, I'm thinking 1300 or 130 -- and set it for lamp (not stutter).

Also, call the voicemail and listen to any messages that have been left.

OP Offline
To gelehu: Neither call fwd all nor DND are set at either phone. Honestly, haven't been back to site yet, but I think if those aren't set, then CM48 doesn't apply, correct? CM48 would apply as to what the systems sends for tone once the feature is set, correct?

OP Offline
To telephoneguy: Checked this first thing; their are no voicemails in either mailbox. Even tried sending a voicemail and then deleting it; stutter is still there. Thanks to all for at least addressing it so far. I always get the weird ones.

There also used to be a pre-voicemail feature that would light a message lamp or stutter the dial tone. It wasn't "Message Waiting" but it was called something similar. "Call me back" or "Message sending" or some such. Needs to be disabled.

Yeh, if youve checked and these features arent set( CM 48 bit 13 and 14) then thats not it.I think I would check station COS, maybe change it to another temporarily and last resort delete phones and try on different port. Never easy, is it.

OP Offline
gelehu - Yeah that's exactly what I was thinking; just moving them to different ports. I'll try the COS change first though and let you know.

Moderated by  ttech 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,295
Posts638,838
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,646 Shoretel
189,531 CTX100 install
187,784 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 25
teleco 9
dans 5
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
4 members (Memphisribs, Andyreed, Toner, Xdm), 172 guests, and 322 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024